Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 9th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Chad Schwitters, the former president of Plug In America, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

ChargePoint charging station

I charged my model 3 at a charge point charging station. The 1st day everything went good. 2 days later the Charge Point station would not charge my model 3. it kept saying waiting for ev vehicle. called Charge Point and they said that because I had to use the manual release to remove the adaptor that I had to have the manual release latch adjusted. I went to a.
Tesla supercharger and everything went great. Anybody had similar problems and what did you do to correct it?

Although my experience with third party fee-charging stations is limited, I have been unsuccessful charging at them about half the time. Usually the stations just won't start charging, and give little diagnostic help.

Having done two cross country trips in my Model 3, I've visited dozens of Supercharger stations, and only experience a couple "non-working" stations, and then I was able to simply move to the next station at the location and charge with no problem.

Wennfred

Supporting Member
Apr 4, 2019
San Diego
I charge at all other level 2 stations every once in a while since used to have a Nissan Leaf and a Volts way back so I kept those accounts open, the adapter has to snap right into the handle meaning the latch has to be forced down over the notch and down... only then it will work. Same with a level 3 Charger.

joebruin77

Dec 23, 2018
Encino, CA
The only time I had a problem charging at a Chargepoint station was with a station located in an underground garage. I think it had to do with a problem with either the Tesla or my Tesla app not getting a good internet signal. Was the station you had problems with located outside or in an underground parking structure? Could this have been a factor?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC