Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The rough number I use for Chargepoint installs is $6000-$7000. Yes, they are the Lexus option in this market.

But you can get an EVSE, even for a retail usage scenario, for FAR less money.

I have all of the options written up here, starting with the cheapest and working up the price ladder to Chargepoint. Personally I recommend one of the Clipper Creek chargers.

public charging station advice for retail businesses - www.ElectrifyAtlanta.com

The rough number I use for Chargepoint installs is $6000-$7000. Yes, they are the Lexus option in this market.

But you can get an EVSE, even for a retail usage scenario, for FAR less money.

I have all of the options written up here, starting with the cheapest and working up the price ladder to Chargepoint. Personally I recommend one of the Clipper Creek chargers.

public charging station advice for retail businesses - www.ElectrifyAtlanta.com

My back of the napkin quote was:

Dual head master unit - $7000
Dual head slave unit - $4000
Service fee - So the RFID cards can work - unknown cost
% of electricity used fee - this rate depends on if you are charging people or not. Basically, if you are charging people, they will want more money.

* Master unit has a cell connection to do network stuff (charge people, and reporting). Slave unit connects to the master unit.

- - - Updated - - -

I should also add that if you need a networked system, semaconnect was a cheaper alternative, but still very costly when compared to 'dumb' off the grid units.

Eaton makes a very nice 70 amp EVSE which you can enable as open, Keypad security, Keyfob security, credit card reader, or combination of two. I have one and it works great.

EATON.png