TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Chargepoint cost

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by Acmykguy, Jan 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Acmykguy

Acmykguy Member

Does anyone have an idea of the cost for a chargepoint station? Looking to put one in for a municipality and thought someone here may have an idea before I reached out to the company.

2. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

3. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

4. eMileage

eMileage Member

5. ChrisC

ChrisC see signature

The rough number I use for Chargepoint installs is $6000-$7000. Yes, they are the Lexus option in this market.

But you can get an EVSE, even for a retail usage scenario, for FAR less money.

I have all of the options written up here, starting with the cheapest and working up the price ladder to Chargepoint. Personally I recommend one of the Clipper Creek chargers.

public charging station advice for retail businesses - www.ElectrifyAtlanta.com

6. tdiggity

tdiggity Member

My back of the napkin quote was:

Dual head master unit - $7000
    Dual head slave unit - $4000
    Service fee - So the RFID cards can work - unknown cost
    % of electricity used fee - this rate depends on if you are charging people or not. Basically, if you are charging people, they will want more money.

* Master unit has a cell connection to do network stuff (charge people, and reporting). Slave unit connects to the master unit.

- - - Updated - - -

I should also add that if you need a networked system, semaconnect was a cheaper alternative, but still very costly when compared to 'dumb' off the grid units.

7. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

Eaton makes a very nice 70 amp EVSE which you can enable as open, Keypad security, Keyfob security, credit card reader, or combination of two. I have one and it works great.

EATON.png

8. tdiggity

tdiggity Member

Can you share details on how much the eaton units cost?