TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Chargepoint Express Plus: First true Tesla Supercharger competitor 400KW

Discussion in 'Supercharging & Charging Infrastructure' started by JoRey, Jan 5, 2017.

1. mspohr

mspohr Well-Known Member

The California Republic is in charge of most of the VW money.

2. mspohr

mspohr Well-Known Member

For a 20 MPG car equivalent to the Tesla, gas at $3.00 costs 0.15 a mile. About the same as electricity at 0.45 kWh.

3. McRat

McRat Well-Known Member

That perhaps is even less safe than having Exxon in charge. Let's see how much ends up diverted for pet projects and hiring.

4. bxr140

bxr140 Active Member

That's fantastic news. Few entities have more balls when it comes to progressive policies.

5. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

Or wasteful spending.

6. mspohr

mspohr Well-Known Member

Well, it looks like VW is actually in charge of spending the money (subject to the court order).
    VW Subsidiary To Carry Out $2 Billion ZEV And Awareness Programs - HybridCars.com

Also, this is interesting:
    Part of the settlement will be launching the “Green City” program in a California city to pilot future concept vehicles and mobility services. These may include a zero emission shuttle service, a carsharing program using electric vehicles, or a ZEV transit program.

Green City would be part of the California settlement, where $800 million of the $2 billion portion of the overall settlement will be invested in California.

• Informative x 2
  7. bxr140

bxr140 Active Member

Don't confuse lack of apparent short term ROI with lack of long term sociopolitical benefit.

8. McRat

McRat Well-Known Member

We don't need a green city. We need EV infrastructure and incentives to promote EV adoption, not for a rich suburb, but for the whole state.

9. RubberToe

RubberToe Supporting the greater good

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  10. Galve2000

Galve2000 Member

I generally do not use these services unless it is an absolute emergency. And my point is that I am not alone in this behavior. I am, one suspects, part of a sizable cohort of BEV owners who feel paid EVSE stations are a rip off.

OTOH I have found that as Level 2 EVSEs have sprouted in various places, they are generally free to use, which is nice.

11. TonyWilliams

TonyWilliams Active Member

I'm well aware of what I dubbed long ago the "Just-Drive-The-Prius(tm)" crowd. Somehow, your transportation energy should be provided by somebody else, or you'll just drive the gasoline car.

My answer is, "please do".

12. EV-lutioin

EV-lutioin Active Member

To be honest it looks like it is still a concept. This was unveiled at a trade show... are any of them are actually in service?

13. miimura

miimura Active Member

IIRC, at the unveiling they said units would be available for installation in July.

• Like x 1