Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chargepoint going public through SPAC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cosmacelf

Supporting Member
Mar 6, 2013
San Diego
  • Helpful
Reactions: riverFox
ChargePoint does a solid job of installing and maintaining EV charging infrastructure, but to the best of my knowledge, their services and hardware are expensive! They've had a history of serving businesses/organizations that need to install charging stations for compliance reasons (i.e., LEED certification or local requirements). ChargePoint has a good reputation and, as far as I'm aware, manages projects from end to end and produces turnkey results. However, what they do is far from unique, and it seems to me that competition is only growing.

ChargePoint does a solid job of installing and maintaining EV charging infrastructure, but to the best of my knowledge, their services and hardware are expensive! They've had a history of serving businesses/organizations that need to install charging stations for compliance reasons (i.e., LEED certification or local requirements). ChargePoint has a good reputation and, as far as I'm aware, manages projects from end to end and produces turnkey results. However, what they do is far from unique, and it seems to me that competition is only growing.

I agree. Being the high cost option in an industry that is looking to commoditize isn't great.