Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ChargePoint Home Flex app scheduled charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the ChargePoint Home Flex charger and am trying to schedule charges based on the start time and end time specified in their app. Charging is not enabled in the Tesla app. For some reason charging never starts with my M3 at the scheduled time. I contacted ChargePoint and they were not able to help me so they are sending a replacement charger. Does anyone have this charger and has successfully used the scheduling functionality within the ChargePoint app?

I have the ChargePoint Home Flex charger and am trying to schedule charges based on the start time and end time specified in their app. Charging is not enabled in the Tesla app. For some reason charging never starts with my M3 at the scheduled time. I contacted ChargePoint and they were not able to help me so they are sending a replacement charger. Does anyone have this charger and has successfully used the scheduling functionality within the ChargePoint app?
Might be a dumb question, but why not just use the car to control/schedule the charging?

Why would you want to charge to 40%?

I have a charge point charger. I just set the charger to turn on at 11pm and off at 6am because that's my time of use rate. It works fine.

If you go to the chargepoint app you have to go to charging activity and then click the most recent to see if it's charging.

Most of my drives are short and local. I’d like to try to maintain an average SOC of 40% based on what I’ve read on this forum to maximize battery health in the long run.

My software version is 2021.43.102

Charging via the Tesla app works fine. The issue is just with scheduling via the ChargePoint app.

Most of my drives are short and local. I’d like to try to maintain an average SOC of 40% based on what I’ve read on this forum to maximize battery health in the long run.

My software version is 2021.43.102

Charging via the Tesla app works fine. The issue is just with scheduling via the ChargePoint app.

I have read a LOT (and I mean a lot lot lot lot lot lot) of battery threads here, not because I care about the topic that much, but because of being a moderator of this subforum, and have never seen anyone recommend a "40% SOC" as a value to keep, ever.

Thats separate from your chargepoint question, but my recommendation to you would be to set it for 50% (since that is supported in the tesla app), and there isnt any reason at all I can think of to set it at 40%, even if one goes WAAAAY down the battery maintenance rabbit hole.

• Funny
Reactions: miimura and Rocky_H
I have read a LOT (and I mean a lot lot lot lot lot lot) of battery threads here, not because I care about the topic that much, but because of being a moderator of this subforum, and have never seen anyone recommend a "40% SOC" as a value to keep, ever.

Thats separate from your chargepoint question, but my recommendation to you would be to set it for 50% (since that is supported in the tesla app), and there isnt any reason at all I can think of to set it at 40%, even if one goes WAAAAY down the battery maintenance rabbit hole.
Not to digress from the main topic issue, but here is a post describing where it may be better for battery health to maintain a lower SOC. I am extrapolating this info to determine 40% as a target SOC for me personally. It clearly may not be best for everyone.

Having said that, has anyone had issues using the ChargePoint app to schedule a charge? I'm doubtful that the charger itself is defective but they are sending me a replacement nonetheless.

You're kidding. I've seen it several times. @citivolus gave just one link to it where @AAKEE mentioned it, but I've seen him say it in many threads about battery health. He also mentions about data showing a significant step up in degradation around 60%. But these aren't normally very useful or practical things for people to do with using a car, so trying to futz around with using a 30 or 40% charge limit just isn't something most people will recommend, even if it is most ideal.

I have a CP home flex, its own schedule does not work for me. I figure that is related to my Tesla MYLR was sleeping or sth else. I ended up using Tesla schedule in app. I have 2023.2.12 for MYLR. CP software is 5.5.2.11 as of 2/14/2023 update.

Last edited: