Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ChargePoint Home Flex for Model 3 question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am new to Tesla and EV in general. I am considering buying a ChargePoint Home flex wall charger from my utility company for the model 3 that I ordered. I will hardwire it. I just want to know if I need an adapter or does it go directly to the the car charging port? If I do need an adapter, which type please.
Thank you!

I am new to Tesla and EV in general. I am considering buying a ChargePoint Home flex wall charger from my utility company for the model 3 that I ordered. I will hardwire it. I just want to know if I need an adapter or does it go directly to the the car charging port? If I do need an adapter, which type please.
Thank you!
I am wondering if you did the ChargePoint and how it is going? We installed one back in November through our utility company. I worked great until February 1. We are thinking either ChargePoint or Tesla did an update and now the charging station and the car can't communicate.

I am wondering if you did the ChargePoint and how it is going? We installed one back in November through our utility company. I worked great until February 1. We are thinking either ChargePoint or Tesla did an update and now the charging station and the car can't communicate.
Did you ever fix the problem with your ChargePoint? I am considering this charger for my M3 because I can use with non-Tesla EVs in the future, but I need it to work reliably with the M3. My utility company will give me a $500 rebate on the ChargePoint and $100 on the Tesla Wall Connector.

I have ChargePoing home flex that is hard wired and it works great. I have the schedule set to midnight to 6 am for off peak rates (in the CP app). Nothing set in the M3 - when the power turns on at midnight it charges to the set amount.