Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ChargePoint now has 70A EVSE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They paid $20,000 USD for 4 stations? That is extreme gouging...you can buy a CS100 for about $2.200 CDN...
The total cost was actually 40K, split with NV energy. Those look to be transaction based EVSEs so they are more expensive than a bare bones CS-100. A lot more of the cost is from installation - dirt, piping, grid hookup, paving, etc. When you factor in all the other costs, it doesn't make sense to install 30A EVSEs.

- - - Updated - - -

The CS-90s and CS-100s have also had authorization built in if you ordered it as an option from Clipper Creek.

I see nothing on their web site about this. The CS-100 they show doesn't have a screen. Their brochure says nothing about it. Please point me to their pages for this.

The chargepoint.com web site still just lists their 30A CT4000 series products. Tahoe district installs four electric-car charging stations | TahoeDailyTribune.com says this hardware was from Eaton, not Chargepoint.

Eaton (and other manufacturers), have equipment that works on the Chargepoint network.
Chargepoint can install their network modem on various brands and models.
The Residence Inn by Marriott in San Juan Capistrano has a Sumitomo 25kW CHAdeMO charger on the Chargepoint Network. When it was installed last year, it was the first fast charger on Chargepoint. I used it to charge my LEAF several times.

I see nothing on their web site about this. The CS-100 they show doesn't have a screen. Their brochure says nothing about it. Please point me to their pages for this.

I don't know if it's on their web site. I've seen them in the wild and there are pictures here on TMC in old threads. I also got a phone call recently from a commercial building owner asking my opinion of Clipper Creek chargers in general. He wanted to install four CS-100 stations for his tenants, and charge for their use. He told me the prices from Clipper Creek for a credit card authorized unit as well as the standard non-authorized unit.