Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chargepoint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you explain why Chargepoint goes nowhere on the stock market?

Disclaimer, I haven't dug into what Chargepoint has been doing lately, these thoughts might be out of date.

Because no one has figured out how to own a charging station and make money doing so. Now Chargepoint does simply sell charging stations to owner/operators (think business that want to offer it to employees as a perk, or a hotel that wants to offer it to guests), and also runs a charging network payment system. Those are profitable. But someone else had better step up to the plate and actually own the charging station, or else Chargepoint goes nowhere. So, if Chargepoint inks a large contract with VW to build a charging network on VW's dime, then that will be good. But I suspect the larger players won't need Chargepoint in the middle.

So Chargepoint is left picking up smaller business here and there.

Can you explain why Chargepoint goes nowhere on the stock market?

Huh, moderators likes to clean things up ... incorrectly. Anyways, if you want to ask questions about the stock market, I've found this forum to work:

And this forum in particular is a catch all for non-Tesla related investment discussions (but look at the other threads in that forum above for more specific areas like investing in Resources):