Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chargeport door randomly opening and closing

PoitNarf

My dog's breath smells like dog food
Jun 7, 2016
NJ
Yeah I had this way back with the first version of the charge port. Water intrusion from washing my car caused it. Had the charge port door replaced and it’s been fine for well over a year now. Do you have a 2018 Model 3? If so and you haven’t had your charge port door replaced before you may have one of the earlier versions of it that was prone to this issue. Tesla will replace it under warranty.

• Disagree
Reactions: kpeng

McFlurri

Apr 27, 2016
Kitchener, Ontario
Yeah I had this way back with the first version of the charge port. Water intrusion from washing my car caused it. Had the charge port door replaced and it’s been fine for well over a year now. Do you have a 2018 Model 3? If so and you haven’t had your charge port door replaced before you may have one of the earlier versions of it that was prone to this issue. Tesla will replace it under warranty.
interesting. washed my car today.

I've actually had my charge port door replaced 3 times. (most recently 2 weeks ago). There was still water in the chargeport area.. but.. i washed the car 7 hours ago...

ah well... i'll see if this issue persists into tomorrow.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC