Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chargeport door randomly opening and closing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I had this way back with the first version of the charge port. Water intrusion from washing my car caused it. Had the charge port door replaced and it’s been fine for well over a year now. Do you have a 2018 Model 3? If so and you haven’t had your charge port door replaced before you may have one of the earlier versions of it that was prone to this issue. Tesla will replace it under warranty.

• Disagree
Reactions: kpeng
Yeah I had this way back with the first version of the charge port. Water intrusion from washing my car caused it. Had the charge port door replaced and it’s been fine for well over a year now. Do you have a 2018 Model 3? If so and you haven’t had your charge port door replaced before you may have one of the earlier versions of it that was prone to this issue. Tesla will replace it under warranty.
interesting. washed my car today.

I've actually had my charge port door replaced 3 times. (most recently 2 weeks ago). There was still water in the chargeport area.. but.. i washed the car 7 hours ago...

ah well... i'll see if this issue persists into tomorrow.