TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Chargeport Micro Switch problem

Discussion in 'Roadster: Technical' started by dhrivnak, Aug 12, 2012.

1. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

Does anyone know how one would adjust the microswitch on the charge port door?

As luck would have it a week after the Ranger visit when I unplugged the car and it would not start as it said the charge port door was open. It was not and if I pressed it the warning would go off. I tried to access it by removing the 4 bolts on the panel right behind the rear window but it would not come out. I then tried to access through the drivers rear wheel well and while I could reach the switch that is all I could do. I finally solved the problem, for now, by adding some Duct tape to the lower rear of the charge port hinge. But that is not a good long term solution. With the nearest dealer 400 miles away taking it to Tesla is a royal pain. So I am open to any suggestions.

I assume the easiest access would be to remove the panel between the trunk and the rear window. But it seems to be attached near the rear window and I saw no good way to remove it.

Thank you

2. slcasner

slcasner Member

This happened in Steve Hand's car, too. His was repaired by Tesla (living close to Menlo Park is a definite advantage).

3. PV-EV

PV-EV Member

Our charge port door micro switch got some water inside it which caused all sorts of problems with the car. Rangers came to fix it and I think it took at least a couple hours for one of them to remove the assembly from the car so that it could be repaired. They did have to remove the panel behind the rear window but I didn't see the details.