Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charger choices

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone! Looking for some thoughts on which charger to install.

I have a HPWC from a referral bonus and also have a 14-50 charger that came with my Model 3. Looking to get an idea of which you would install. The Electrical Panel is in my garage so it is easy for either one. Short 10 feet of conduit and my panel is 200 amps so I can install either one pretty easily. Electrician wants to charge 750 to install the HPWC and have not received a quote yet on the 14-50 which is simply installing an outlet. If I install the 14-50 I would hopefully sell the HPWC.

So what would you install?

• Funny
Reactions: Matsayz
Hey everyone! Looking for some thoughts on which charger to install.

I have a HPWC from a referral bonus and also have a 14-50 charger that came with my Model 3. Looking to get an idea of which you would install. The Electrical Panel is in my garage so it is easy for either one. Short 10 feet of conduit and my panel is 200 amps so I can install either one pretty easily. Electrician wants to charge 750 to install the HPWC and have not received a quote yet on the 14-50 which is simply installing an outlet. If I install the 14-50 I would hopefully sell the HPWC.

So what would you install?

You could install the HCWC on the 50amp circuit in place of the 14-50 outlet. It can be used on a variety of circuit sizes.

You have it use it. It is even worth paying for in many cases if you don't have one free. Great to keep the UMC as a spare and the cheap 14-50 outlets can be failure prone So you eliminate that potential failure point.