TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Charger in Pullman?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by kazumi, Feb 22, 2014.

1. kazumi

kazumi Member

One post indicated the dearth of EV chargers in Pullman. I wonder how many Tesla owners are WSU alumni, or have children/grandchildren attending WSU. If there are sufficient number, would you want to petition WSU and/or Pullman to put in chargers?

2. JackA

JackA Member

When I drove to Pullman for our youngest son's graduation last year I contacted the electric vehicle group at WSU to see if they had a charger. "No." I think Plug-In North Central Washington could assist in getting a unit placed at the WSU Visitor Center or some other location. The first step is to find a Host Location willing to pay for the installation, maintenance and electricity. If that can be accomplished the raising of $2,300 for a Clipper Creek 90 or perhaps a Clipper Creek 80/100 would not be that difficult.

3. Alysashley79

Alysashley79 Member

Or what about having them contact tesla about some special pricing for all their campuses (they have multiple) for some HPWC. I had swedish hospitals contact tesla and they are going to be having some installed at all of their hospitals by summer hopefully.

4. ThortsMD

ThortsMD Member

It looks to me that on the Supercharger map a SC will be placed in that area (looks like Moscow) in the not too distant future.

5. ChrisH

ChrisH Member

Would be great if it was Moscow. I've heard Lewiston which isn't too far away either

6. JackA

JackA Member

I'm not seeing Moscow on the SC map at all. Looks like Moses Lake soon then two others on I-90 in 2015.

7. qwk

qwk Model S P2681

That lower dot looks like Lewiston/Clarkston to me.

8. JackA

JackA Member

I did not go out far enough! I agree the dot does look like Lewiston/Clarkston area.

9. v12 to 12v

v12 to 12v Active Member

Oh my. From Ritzville or Ellensburg to Clarkston/Lewiston would be very questionable at best. I don't think it could be done. The road between Pullman and Clarkston is one of the steepest grades I have ever travelled.

I'm still hoping for a good route to Boise.

10. ChrisH

ChrisH Member

Looks like Ritzville to Lewiston is about 124 miles if you take 90 to 23 to 195

11. kazumi

kazumi Member

I saw at another thread the following so I think Clarkston to Ellensburg is doable.
    We have driven from Clarkston to Ellensburg at least 15 times in all kinds of weather. It is net uphill, and fairly often against the wind. In very cold weather (subfreezing) the 200 mile trip can be a stretch. More than once we have arrived with single digits rated range. If it is cold and/or a headwind, you CANNOT drive the speed limit or above and hope to make it. We take the shortest route (and prettier) through Connell.

A couple of times we have made an insurance stop at the lovely little Tucannon River RV Park, just east of Starbuck. The drive north from Starbuck is a fabulous twisty-fest, if you are in the mood!