TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Charger in Waterloo/Kitchener Ontario

Discussion in 'Canada' started by AndrewKo, Jul 8, 2015.

1. AndrewKo

AndrewKo Member

Im planning to go to Waterloo/Kitchener for the day.

Does anyone know if there is a supercharger or charging stations there?

2. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I have installed 2-100 amp (80 amp delivered) stations at my office in Cambridge. It's a bit off the 401, but may be worth it for the extra speed you get.

There is a HPWC at the Best Western K-W, but it is listed as for guests only. I suppose you could call ahead. There are a few slower (30 amp) stations around the Waterloo Region, so depending on where you're headed and how long you'll be parked, that might work as well.

3. SmartElectric

SmartElectric Active Member

Thank you for those chargers! I had bookmarked them last week as part of our planning for the coming winter curling season (our family road trips all over Ontario for this).

Frankly, my preference would be at a hotel, and as such I've contacted the Cambridge Best Western, the manager is a Tesla fan, but so far is non-committal on deploying a destination charger, even though BW in KW and Woodstock have them...

4. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Amended thread title to prevent confusion over supercharger locations.

5. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Yeah, unfortunately there's not a lot to do at our office parking lot. There are a couple of 30 amp ChargePoint units at the Cambridge Centre mall at Hespeler Rd. & Bishop St. A lot slower than my 80 amp units, but at least there's a mall and restaurants nearby.

6. pbd2014

pbd2014 Member

There is one at conestoga mall.

7. SmartElectric

SmartElectric Active Member