TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Charger installation - who did you use in Santa Clara county area

Discussion in 'California' started by Oceanwolf, Jul 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Oceanwolf

Oceanwolf Oceanwolf

It looks like it takes at least 3 weeks to get the charger due to high demand. I started to check the installers to get ready for my X75D delivery in August. Tesla site had multiple installers and I contacted Main Stream Electric and Anthony Lewis Inc. for quotes based on the review they got.

Who did you used and were you happy at the end? I don't want to be taken advantage of just because it is a Tesla Charger.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Onur

2. neisner12

neisner12 Member

Just use a local electrician. Truthfully you only need a 14-50 plug...no reason for the wall charger in my opinion. It will max out at 40amps, so you'll charge at about 26 miles per hour which will get you up to a full charge every night.

I have mine set to start charging at 11:05pm when PGE's rates go down (ask for their EV-A rate) to about $.11-.12 / KwH. Btw, call PG&E with your VIN before delivery because it takes them a full billing cycle to change your rate.

• Like x 1
  3. Oceanwolf

Oceanwolf Oceanwolf

Thank you. That will be my other option. Wall charger is just convenient to have without getting the other charging cable from the frunk.

I didn't hear back from any of the installers yet.

Thanks