TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

"Charger Locations" iPhone and Apple Watch app

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by A2Mark, Jan 29, 2016.

1. A2Mark

A2Mark New Member

I've been wanting a simple app for my iPhone (and iPad) that just contains a map with a circle with 250 mile radius and shows all of the superchargers within driving range. I couldn't find one that simple, so I wrote one. It's called "Charger Locations" on the Apple App Store. Green pins are within range and red are outside, and the range circle is adjustable using the slider at the bottom.

I made the app free for a while until I can get some comments and feedback to see if it needs improvements to be useful. Download it here:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/charger-locations/id1071919834?mt=8

It comes with an Apple Watch app that just shows the closest few superchargers which you can tap to navigate there.
    If you try it, I would appreciate if you could give me some feedback either here or a review on the App Store site. (Hopefully a positive one!) I'm interested in fixing anything wrong and making improvements that are suggested.

2. swegman

swegman Member

I downloaded it to try, but it would not indicate any charger locations for me. I am on the east coast (DC area), where numerous Tesla Superchargers are located. The only pin it would display was a purple pin to signify my location. No green pins or red pins were shown. So I unfortunately can not provide any feedback as to how useful the app is compared to using theTesla nav built in the car to find a nearby Supercharger.

3. Yodeller

Yodeller Member

Same issue for me. Also, the app crashes upon opening if I allow it access to my location.

4. Robodoc

Robodoc Member

For me it works!

Living in Zwolle, the Netherlands, I have a complete overview of the European SC's and can adapt the range as I like....

Nice !

Thx

5. Spyder14

Spyder14 Member

Looks nice! Thanks for making the effort to simplify SpC locations!

6. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

Works great here-- NYC area.

7. A2Mark

A2Mark New Member

Thanks for the report

Thanks for the report. I haven't gotten that behavior, so I'll try to track down the problem and fix it. A purple pin is what I use for search results if you type in a location or place name in the search bar at the bottom. No green or red pins means it may not have been able to access the Internet to download the Superchargers.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for reporting the crash. In the next update I'll put in a crash reporter so I can get detailed info on crashes and prevent them in future.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad it works for some folks! I'm collecting problem reports and feature requests for improvements.