Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charger Poll

What charger do you have for your Tesla

• Tesla

Votes: 34 45.3%
  • Rolec

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Schneider

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wall Point

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • EO

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • QUBEV

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Zappi

Votes: 13 17.3%

• Total voters

Adopado

Aug 19, 2019
Scotland
It also provides 6A 'shore power'

I think they all do that if your charge schedule is set on the car. In fact I've seen up to 32A (briefly) when required (Zappi). I suppose you mean when you have set a schedule on the charge point it still allows you to draw power during an "off" period. Setting a schedule on the charge point remains an issue for Model 3 due to sleeping issues.

AlexMasters

Mar 14, 2020
Kingston Upon Thames
I think they all do that if your charge schedule is set on the car. In fact I've seen up to 32A (briefly) when required (Zappi). I suppose you mean when you have set a schedule on the charge point it still allows you to draw power during an "off" period. Setting a schedule on the charge point remains an issue for Model 3 due to sleeping issues.

That's right - 6A reserved when charging is disabled or scheduled

dakaix

Feb 22, 2020
UK
I'm just starting the process of building my own using the OpenEVSE kit inside the QUBEV enclosure (bought as a spare part). Hoping to get the best of both worlds, a reasonably visually attractive charger which crucially has no cloud dependencies and permits variable charge rates (6-32A) for solar diversion.

darkNstormy

May 1, 2020
North East
Ohme. Partly so I can schedule cheaper charging when I eventually get a smart meter and smart tariff, and also because it happened to have a 0% finance deal available from the place that installed it.

• Informative
Reactions: stonecoldrmw

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC