TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Charger port problem

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Gynob001, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Gynob001

Gynob001 Member

I live in sunny, hot Florida and after a long day outside, the charger port door wouldn't remain closed. The magnetic discs are held by an adhesive pad that just melted and the magnet wouldn't remain in place. The door kept opening up. I took it to the service center to had it replaced. It was my understanding that it happens often in hot weather. If so, Tesla has to come up with a better charger port door!

2. steve841

steve841 Active Member

Odd, I'm farther down in hell and I haven't had an issue on my 18 month old car.

But then again... Those up north have had issues of being unable to open the charge port.

3. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

I had this happen after about 6 months of ownership, and the SC replaced it. Six months later it happened again, only this time there appeared to be no flexible pad, just the magnetic disc. I decided to just epoxy it back in myself this time.

4. David99

David99 Active Member

Full sun, 108 degree and sitting in the sun, never any problem. The car got so hot that some plastic lids of containers I had in my car started to deform from the heat. No problem with the charge port.