Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charger theft

Wingman

Feb 20, 2017
USA
Is this common behavior in the Tesla community? Third time I’ve run across it. The blue MS is parked in a spot that has no charger and it appears he just removed the one plugged in the M3 next to him judging by the adapter still in the M3.

ChargerThief.jpg

ewoodrick

Apr 13, 2018
Buford, GA
It's possible that the charging spot was ICEd when the blue S arrived, so he's charging from the spot next to it. Then the 3 arrived and installed his adapter in the hopes that the S driver would plug him in when he's finished. Ya never know.
I'll agree. For the non-Tesla crowd, if you arrive at a charger, and it is in use, then if you open your charge port, that's a signal to the currently charging user, that "When finished, please plug me in"
On my Leaf, I can open the charge port and it stays open, doesn't work that way on the Tesla, but by shoving the charge adapter in, it is the effective equivalent.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC