Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charger with data sharing to power company?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to get a L2 charger installed at home next week. My power company offers a $750 rebate if we sign up for their Time-of-use program and agree to share charging data with them for 1 year. Does the Tesla Wall Connector have this ability? If not, what chargers support this?

Looking to get a L2 charger installed at home next week. My power company offers a $750 rebate if we sign up for their Time-of-use program and agree to share charging data with them for 1 year. Does the Tesla Wall Connector have this ability? If not, what chargers support this?
You request via the car the time you wish to charge.

the latest hard wired evse from tesla has some smarter functionality intimating ability to check charger usage (page 9 of https://www.tesla.com/sites/default...ng/Gen3_WallConnector_Installation_Manual.pdf) though unsure if this appears via tesla app, similar to solar information.

From a bit of digging (I'm guessing Eversource is your provider), I found EV Charger Demand Response. I'd guess ChargePoint's and JuiceBox home units can do it.

ChargePoint Home Flex | ChargePoint
Home & Residential EV Car Charging Stations | Enel X

Hope I pointed you in the right direction. Those brands are definitely two I can think off of the top of my head that are retail residential units w/connectivity and are reasonably popular/well-known.

edit: I clicked on enroll and found a FAQ at Eversource ConnectedSolutions EV FAQ · EnergyHub BYOT. New England is probably where this thread should be moved to.

Last edited:
From a bit of digging (I'm guessing Eversource is your provider), I found EV Charger Demand Response. I'd guess ChargePoint's and JuiceBox home units can do it.

ChargePoint Home Flex | ChargePoint
Home & Residential EV Car Charging Stations | Enel X

Hope I pointed you in the right direction. Those brands are definitely two I can think off of the top of my head that are retail residential units w/connectivity and are reasonably popular/well-known.

edit: I clicked on enroll and found a FAQ at Eversource ConnectedSolutions EV FAQ · EnergyHub BYOT. New England is probably where this thread should be moved to.

Yea those two are my contenders. My power company is Reading Municipal Light Department, they don't provide much information at all. I would love to get the Tesla Wall connector if possible.

Another power company listed
ev-pulse.com as a service that can link your Tesla Wall Connector to your power company, but unsure how this works.

Just pointing out the obvious here, but make sure you weigh the benefits of the financial incentives against having to use a plug adapter with a non-Tesla home charger.

Yea I've definitely thought about it. I may get another electric car (non Tesla) in the future so want to keep my options open

Just pointing out the obvious here, but make sure you weigh the benefits of the financial incentives against having to use a plug adapter with a non-Tesla home charger.
This is the only thing holding me back.

Will the adaptor fit in the charger, and stay there when placing it back in the holster? Or will the adaptor have to be put in everytime?

I would rather go with a charger that can do different cars, but this would be annoying.

This is the only thing holding me back.

Will the adaptor fit in the charger, and stay there when placing it back in the holster? Or will the adaptor have to be put in everytime?

I would rather go with a charger that can do different cars, but this would be annoying.

From my research, no it will not fit. I've seen some people just hang the cord over the charger when it's not in use instead of putting it back in the holder. I'll probably pick up a spare J1772 adapter to leave in the car so I don't have to plug it in each time