Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chargers coming at Buc-ees

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Prunesquallor

His cardinal virtue? An undamaged brain.
Supporting Member
Dec 19, 2018
Houston/Galveston
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2019/business/bucees-texas-convenience-store-bathrooms/

Article describes expansion of Buc-ees (Texas mega rest-stops/convenience stores) into Florida, Georgia, Tennessee and the Carolinas. Also:
"It has ethanol-free fuel available at some of its locations, and ... the company is working to install the infrastructure to accommodate electric-car charging stations."

If you’ve ever been to a Buc-ees, you know that spending enough time there to allow your car to charge is not even a challenge. I’m hoping Tesla sees this as an opportunity.

I concur and hope Tesla will partner with them. We stop at the Buc-ees in Robertsdale, AL on the way to the beach every time. We always spend more than enough time it would take to charge just wondering around looking at all the cool stuff and different kinds food counters they have there. We actually look forward to that part of the trip every time. They are definitely unique.

I concur and hope Tesla will partner with them. We stop at the Buc-ees in Robertsdale, AL on the way to the beach every time. We always spend more than enough time it would take to charge just wondering around looking at all the cool stuff and different kinds food counters they have there. We actually look forward to that part of the trip every time. They are definitely unique.
I live near the Robertsdale, AL location and frequently log onto the company website and "suggest" looking into adding SuperChargers to there "fueling" options. No reply. I do hope they are listening and learning how things are a changing. By the way there is an excellent location at this particular store for a SC, it's on the street side of the store (south side) next to the green power transformer pedestal, an area few people want to park at and has power nearby. CONTACT BUC-CEES Contact Buc-ee's

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2019/business/bucees-texas-convenience-store-bathrooms/

Article describes expansion of Buc-ees (Texas mega rest-stops/convenience stores) into Florida, Georgia, Tennessee and the Carolinas. Also:
"It has ethanol-free fuel available at some of its locations, and ... the company is working to install the infrastructure to accommodate electric-car charging stations."

If you’ve ever been to a Buc-ees, you know that spending enough time there to allow your car to charge is not even a challenge. I’m hoping Tesla sees this as an opportunity.
CONTACT BUC-CEES Contact Buc-ee's

Reactions: kayak1
I live near the Robertsdale, AL location and frequently log onto the company website and "suggest" looking into adding SuperChargers to there "fueling" options. No reply. I do hope they are listening and learning how things are a changing. By the way there is an excellent location at this particular store for a SC, it's on the street side of the store (south side) next to the green power transformer pedestal, an area few people want to park at and has power nearby. CONTACT BUC-CEES Contact Buc-ee's

Done, here's my submission:

I have noted that both Sheetz and WaWa are now adding Tesla Superchargers to their locations. Given the massive sales of EV's, and especially Tesla-branded EV's (over 70% of the segment, and increasing wildly), it would be great if you could coordinate with Tesla as they also plan to provide solar panel canopies to provide the electric power as well.

See links below for details.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark Peters

Wawa plans to double number of its Tesla super-charging stations

Sheetz Powers Up Its Electric Vehicle Charging Initiative

US Plug-In Electric Car Sales Charted: September 2019

I have noted that both Sheetz and WaWa are now adding Tesla Superchargers to their locations. Given the massive sales of EV's, and especially Tesla-branded EV's (over 70% of the segment, and increasing wildly), it would be great if you could coordinate with Tesla as they also plan to provide solar panel canopies to provide the electric power as well.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark Peters

Thank You

I use the ethanol-free fuel in my small engine yard equipment toys, it is a life saver on the carburetors. I know it looks kind of funny, driving an EV to a gas pump but it's too far to drive the Kubota Zero-Turn Mower to buy fuel for all the various yard toys.

Thank you for the contact link. Just submitted my suggestion for EV charging at Robertsdale and other Buc-ee's.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark Peters

Thanks for the powerful articles, great reading material for the Buc-ee's Corporate Breakroom. I hope they read and heed the trend. Oh, yea, I sent the links in this weeks e-mail to Buc-ee's, one at a time.

Reactions: PStewart

Does the Robertsdale location actually have any chargers now? My mother has told me that it does. Will make a difference for my Christmas trip home :)

Does the Robertsdale location actually have any chargers now? My mother has told me that it does. Will make a difference for my Christmas trip home :)
As of October, 2019, I did not see any chargers at the Robersdale location. Plugshare is not showing any chargers at that location either. I hope they get some soon. I agree, it would make travelling in that area much easier.

Perhaps management has many Trumpster supporters and they too consider Climate Change to be a "Chinese Hoax?"

Perhaps that's a ridiculous statement. Additionally, climate change is literally the last thing people should be concerned about when choosing a Tesla. If buying one makes you warm and fuzzy about doing your part that's great but there are TONS of other reasons Tesla's cars are great.

If you get bored Google "cargo ship emissions"....unfortunately, they are not mining cobalt to make the batteries at the Gigafactories, that is shipped from Congo mostly. Again, I support Tesla and hope that they are successful and compared to other automakers they are making an impact but there are MANY other reasons to buy a Tesla!

• They don't appear to want people to stay for a long time. They don't even have tables outside.
  • They might not want to commit to a propriety solution for the long term.
  • They might want to see where charging is going from a financial standpoint - businesses have profit motive - and not commit to Tesla (or anyone for now).

• They don't appear to want people to stay for a long time. They don't even have tables outside.

I'm not sure what's up with the tables, but one explanation they've given for the huge number of gas pumps is that they want people to be able to fill up and then leave their car sitting parked by the pump while they come in and shop. The pumps effectively double as parking spaces. When the time comes to replace those pumps with charging stations, it would be a seamless transition.

Reactions: TSLA Pilot
Perhaps that's a ridiculous statement. Additionally, climate change is literally the last thing people should be concerned about when choosing a Tesla. If buying one makes you warm and fuzzy about doing your part that's great but there are TONS of other reasons Tesla's cars are great.
If you get bored Google "cargo ship emissions"....unfortunately, they are not mining cobalt to make the batteries at the Gigafactories, that is shipped from Congo mostly. Again, I support Tesla and hope that they are successful and compared to other automakers they are making an impact but there are MANY other reasons to buy a Tesla!

Ah, yes, another poster writing from Texas--why should anyone be surprised to read this:

Additionally, climate change is literally the last thing people should be concerned about when choosing a Tesla.

Wow.

Perhaps you've forgotten why Elon risked his entire net worth--all of his assets--on Tesla? Here's their Mission Statement since you may not be too well informed:

About Tesla | Tesla

Yes, there are MANY reasons for nearly everyone to buy a Tesla, but the reality is that we have just one habitable planet. ONE. With no "Planet B" we damn well better stop dumping unchecked amounts of GHG's, yesterday.

Since you may be a "low information" citizen of planet Earth, please allow me to help you become better informed on the greatest threat to our future:

A warming Arctic could cost the world trillions of dollars

And:

climate.nasa.gov

And, since you may have heard many of these nearly 200 myths on Fox News, please keep this site handy while you watch any of their programs:

Arguments from Global Warming Skeptics and what the science really says

(Here's a better idea: be better informed--stop watching "Faux News.")

We've arranged a global civilization in which most crucial elements profoundly depend on science and technology. We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster.
--Carl Sagan

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.
--Neil deGrasse Tyson

Last edited:
Reactions: Ciaopec and Rocky_H