Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chargers coming at Buc-ees

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in the south
I voted for Trump
I own a Tesla and love it
I would love to see superchargers at Buc-ees
How's that for your stereotypes?

Surprising, and sadly, far, far too rare . . . except the "tRump vote" part.

I gotta ask, after Jan 6th, are you STILL a tRump supporter?

If so, there's no hope for you or possibly even our entire country.

I have not found a way to search for electronic charging at individual Buc-ees locations.

However, this June 10th, 2021 article below describes 18 grants from Alabama for electronic chargers along I-20, metro Birmingham, and related North Alabama locations. Grants require CCS chargers and 100kW minimum. One of the grants is for a Buc-ees already built in Leeds, AL. The grants do not specify any network affiliations, so this one may not become an EA site.

The governor's office said the grants will be used to fund up to 80 percent of the cost of the charging stations. Funds for the projects came from the Volkswagen Settlement Plan and the Alabama Legislature.

Buc-ee’s Alabama - $650,011 for a four-bay charging station at 6900 Buc-ee’s Boulevard in Leeds near Interstate 20 and U.S. Highway 78.

Gov. Ivey designates $4.1 million to install electric vehicle charging points in Alabama

I have not found a way to search for electronic charging at individual Buc-ees locations.

However, this June 10th, 2021 article below describes 18 grants from Alabama for electronic chargers along I-20, metro Birmingham, and related North Alabama locations. Grants require CCS chargers and 100kW minimum. One of the grants is for a Buc-ees already built in Leeds, AL. The grants do not specify any network affiliations, so this one may not become an EA site.

The governor's office said the grants will be used to fund up to 80 percent of the cost of the charging stations. Funds for the projects came from the Volkswagen Settlement Plan and the Alabama Legislature.

Buc-ee’s Alabama - $650,011 for a four-bay charging station at 6900 Buc-ee’s Boulevard in Leeds near Interstate 20 and U.S. Highway 78.

Gov. Ivey designates $4.1 million to install electric vehicle charging points in Alabama
Gaaahhh We don't need a charger in Leeds. We need a charger down where the Beach Express way meets i10 headed into Gulf Shores/Orange Beach.

The Alabama Gulf coast is a wasteland for charging unless you drive all the way out to Mobile and because Greenville's superchargers are a chit show and basically non-functioning at any given time, SOME kind of fast charging down at the gulf is sorely needed. :(

We also need one in Alabaster right off 65 too. The one downtown in Bhm is just awful to get to.

They've at least broken ground (dug up some bushes) at the montgomery eastchase target parking lot for those SC's. Those are probably the ones I need most of all due to all the driving down to that area and various rural areas southeast of montgomery. It turns into a crap shoot of can I make it back to bhm or do I need to stop at eastchase for a couple hours at the garden in hilton destination charger or will I actually save time by driving an extra hour out of my way to Auburn's supercharger and then up 280? It sucks.

Reactions: CO_MY