TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Chargers in Estonia (and rest of Baltics) on map? Adding new ones?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Mario Kadastik, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Mario Kadastik

Mario Kadastik Active Member

So I'm curious how Tesla is gathering charger information for the map and would love if someone with an EU Model S could check if you find chargers in Estonia (there should be in fact ~200 of them) and Latvia (~10, only one Type-II) and Lithuania (no clue). If there are none, then does anyone know how the chargers are entered, I'd love to have them on the on-board map instead of having to take my phone and look for one in a specialized app.

In general how does one let Tesla know of new chargers that could be added to the map as we find them or as new ones are installed, I doubt Tesla monitors global charger installations.

2. Hasse

Hasse Member

There is at least a setting where you can bookmark visited chargers.

3. dsmith2189

dsmith2189 Active Member

#3 dsmith2189, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
    Tesla only adds their own superchargers to the map. all the other chargers are marked on the map when the MS plugs into one.
    your best option would be to use a 3rd party application/web site that lists charger locations. I use chargepoint (In the US). I'm not sure what the popular ones in Estonia and Latvia would be, but Plugshare does list some.

4. Mario Kadastik

Mario Kadastik Active Member

Well with Estonia it's simple, it's ELMO - Eesti elektromobiilsuse programm| Avaleht and there's a special app that can tell you which one is closest as well as start/stop the charger etc. I was just hoping that it's possible to upload all the chargers in one go and have the route planner know about them. I guess I'll have to get in touch with Tesla to find out about how that might work as I imagine I can get the Estonian chargers coordinates from ELMO if there's any way to import them all.

5. araxara

araxara S-P85#3,218 X-90D#3,299

If you have GPS spoofing hardware, you can input the coordinates and charge your car a bit to have them entered into the Tesla map:wink: