TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Chargers near Chevy Chase, MD?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by JAG9000, Nov 19, 2013.

1. JAG9000

JAG9000 Member

Do you know of any reliable chargers for a Tesla Model S in Chevy Chase Maryland? My family will be there for Thanksgiving. It didn't seem like there are any decent public chargers near there according to Plugshare.
    Thanks!
    Jesse

2. JST

JST Active Member

The Tesla store in the Montgomery Mall isn't too far away.

EDIT:

And there's this one:

http://www.recargo.com/sites/6793

3. jthompson

jthompson JThompson

According to a PlugShare report, there are two Model S HPWC 80A and four 14-50Rs at the Tesla location at Montgomery Mall (and these are reserved spots only for Teslas).

Also, since you are going to probably top off at the Delaware Supercharger on your way down, it's only 96 miles from there to Chevy Chase. You can just plug into a standard 110V outlet at your Thanksgiving destination and charge at 3 mph, which should be more than enough to get you back to Delaware Supercharger with room to spare...right?

4. Ven Rala

Ven Rala Member

#4 Ven Rala, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
    On plugshare there are a couple of public chargers in the friendship heights section of chevy chase (Wisconsin ave & Western Ave). I have never used them so I cannot account for their reliability. If you cannot find a charger, you are welcome to use my home charger (NEMA 10-30, I have an adapter if you do not). PM me if you need it. (BTW I am in chevy chase)