TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

ChargeUP! Sarasota County - Rebates for EV Charging Stations

Discussion in 'Florida' started by DJ Frustration, Mar 1, 2017.

1. DJ Frustration

DJ Frustration Model X Sig, Former Model S, Model 3 Res

Just wanted to share a bit of news about a great program, ChargeUP! Sarasota, that Sarasota County recently launched.
    Pages - ElectricVehicles

The program would provide rebates to certain types of businesses, non-profits, and local governments within Sarasota County to buy and install EV charging stations. Participants in this limited program may be eligible for one of the following rebates for a new, publicly available station:
    • Non-profits or government organizations: 50 percent of cost, up to $4,000 maximum.
    • Businesses: 25 percent of cost, up to $2,000 maximum.
    I suggest our Florida fans actively support the program and elected officials who wisely authorized such an initiative. Maybe this is something to send to the Florida Tesla Enthusiast group @Larry Chanin ?

Personally, I'd love something like this in Southeast Florida!

• Informative x 1
  2. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

This will make it much easier for groups like ourselves to do an effort similar to that used for the Marathon Supercharge and also for the crowd-funded charging station recently in Newfoundland.

I, for one, will contribute if we can do more in Miami-Dade. Some serious gaps like the Port of Miami, places like Dadeland, Coral Gables and The Falls where options exist but they're priced at Maximum Plaid for not-really-fast CHAdeMO. We do need to make life easier for all our Tesla tourists!

3. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts

Hi Evan,

Yes, this is an excellent program and demonstrates Sarasota County's leadership in promoting electric vehicles.

I was consulted before the program was launched for input and emailed the Manager of Sustainability and the County Commissioners some suggestions. It's currently a one-shot deal funded by a grant. Hopefully it will be renewed in coming years. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to convince the County to extend this program to Tesla charging equipment.

Nevertheless, this is still an excellent program.

Larry