Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ChargeWeave, the supercharging game (take 4)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Enterprisey... everything's open source and nothing costs money, except AWS and Jira/sometimes. Choices are all about speed of dev and production readiness. Spring Boot is super lean and the code is self evident (much easier than other frameworks)

GitHub issues... I'll get an open source license for Jira when the time comes. I have one for another project. Jira > GitHub issues. I think in JQL.

Hi everyone. Been a bunch of LIFE since my last post.

Mid-January I went back to work after four weeks off, only to be fired that day by my boss (personal beef). This sent me scrambling on a job hunt, which led to my current position (same company, difference boss), so I spent February onboarding. In March I started my current client project, which had just started to settle, when my brother caught Covid. He died after six weeks in the hospital. May has been grief and family.

SO ... the last 20 weeks haven't been very productive for my side project. Instead of 15 hours/week, I've maybe averaged 3 :)

Today I reworked the plan to achieve a thin-slice web release by June 13 and a mobile one by June 27. I'm hoping people can use a VERY stripped down version of the app to log their July 4th travel. My goal is to at least make it better than manually updating the spreadsheet.

cwCalendar.png

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl and DavidB
Hi everyone. Been a bunch of LIFE since my last post.

Mid-January I went back to work after four weeks off, only to be fired that day by my boss (personal beef). This sent me scrambling on a job hunt, which led to my current position (same company, difference boss), so I spent February onboarding. In March I started my current client project, which had just started to settle, when my brother caught Covid. He died after six weeks in the hospital. May has been grief and family.

SO ... the last 20 weeks haven't been very productive for my side project. Instead of 15 hours/week, I've maybe averaged 3 :)

Today I reworked the plan to achieve a thin-slice web release by June 13 and a mobile one by June 27. I'm hoping people can use a VERY stripped down version of the app to log their July 4th travel. My goal is to at least make it better than manually updating the spreadsheet.

View attachment 670247
Really sorry for you, in so many ways, but especially for the loss of your brother.
Part of what got my wheels spinning about it being time to move on was when I had to work during the PTO for my dad's funeral.
The game isn't going anywhere and I know everyone appreciates your time and effort.
With Custer behind most everyone, big chunks of data entry ought to be a bit less often.

Reactions: DavidB and Teefal
@Teefal, sorry to hear of your rough year. Hopefully the worst is behind you and you can heal and move forward.

You requested some screenshots of favorite Tableau visualizations, so here are mine in order of importance:

B02FE4F0-B295-48A9-BECD-664FEB95AB52.jpeg

1A (top priority): map of stations not yet visited. Obviously the most important layer as it shows us where we need to go. A great feature of Tableau is being able to use the lasso tool to select a cloud of points and export it to a table (see next screen shot).

6DF4FCDA-52AD-4DC2-B71B-CE19D8D86EB8.jpeg

1B. Selecting points with the lasso tool. Bonus points for lasso multi-select.

5132B820-4E90-4495-B5ED-0878D9C60A21.jpeg

1C. List of Superchargers selected by lasso tool.

277BAFEC-8B5F-4469-9541-E530228DAD4D.jpeg

2. Map of locations I’ve visited, colorized by year. Bonus points for being able to filter by year.

3455C429-2533-476B-A97A-4FA10B827C30.jpeg

3. States cleared

596F9788-BA47-4D4E-8273-656839783373.jpeg

4 (lowest priority): Number of new superchargers visited per day. This is just a fun little side challenge.

Last edited:
I don't know if this is the proper spot for a supplemental data request or not.

Once all the nitty gritty is completed, and the participants have their charts and graphs, I think it would be nifty to list the locations by frequencies of visits by the players.

In other words, which Supercharger claims the most visits by us, and which have the fewest visits? This would be a moving target, I know. But perhaps it would be too onerous to track our visits to see which locations move up or down the list, so I understand. :)

Reactions: Big Earl
I don't know if this is the proper spot for a supplemental data request or not.

Once all the nitty gritty is completed, and the participants have their charts and graphs, I think it would be nifty to list the locations by frequencies of visits by the players.

In other words, which Supercharger claims the most visits by us, and which have the fewest visits? This would be a moving target, I know. But perhaps it would be too onerous to track our visits to see which locations move up or down the list, so I understand. :)
I’d refine that a little: maybe most and least popular, by state, with a further limit of being open at least 60/90 days. All new ones would automatically fall in the last category without the limit.

Reactions: cpa