Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging 2017 S with 2015 Gen 1 Mobile Charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SSonnentag

埃隆•馬斯克
Apr 11, 2017
Arizona
I tried charging my 2017 S100D using a Gen 1 40A mobile charging cable. It kept giving me a red light with cable fault error. The same mobile charger is being used to charge both a 2015 P85D and a loaner 2018 75D without any issues. Do anyone have any idea why it would not charge my car? I tried numerous times and then got my own mobile charger (Gen 2 32A) out and successfully charged my car without any issues.

I tried charging my 2017 S100D using a Gen 1 40A mobile charging cable. It kept giving me a red light with cable fault error. The same mobile charger is being used to charge both a 2015 P85D and a loaner 2018 75D without any issues. Do anyone have any idea why it would not charge my car? I tried numerous times and then got my own mobile charger (Gen 2 32A) out and successfully charged my car without any issues.

There has been some talk of plastic bits stuck in the end of charging cords. The plastic breaks off from in one car and gets stuck in the charge cable end. It continues to work fine with that car since it still mates. But it does not work with other cars since they have the same piece of plastic unbroken.

I think the symptoms may be different from what you describe, but I figure I would call it out.

It should work. Maybe take both chargers into a service center and have them test?