Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging a Tesla in Switzerland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Body Frame is bigger, the plug and socket dimensens are identical, because of compatibility.
I am only 90% convinced my interpretation of the Bissone Station picture is a CEE16Plus, because I did not test it, but officialy there should only excist CEE16 and CEE16Plus, no CEE32.
You can easy test a CEE16plus to plug in your CEE16 and charge with only 16A.

View attachment 2266 There is no CEE32 for Mode 1 = unspecific Loading

View attachment 2264

The problem is, I'm not in Ticino, and I should know in advance what it is!
Is it not possible to determine this by the picture?

So, can I charge with the adapter from Park and charge on the 16plus with 32 A or only with 16A?

Both documents are empty for my computer

So, can I charge with the adapter from Park and charge on the 16plus with 32 A or only with 16A?

Both documents are empty for my computer

To charge with 16A you need to plug in a CEE16.
To charge with 32A you need a P&C adaptercable Mode3 > Mode 1/2. What is at the End of the cable a do not know, you can fix a CEE32A red 5pole female plug

Is anyone able to open the atachments?

Last edited:
emq said:
On the other side of the lake, in Bissone there ist the most southern charging station with 32 A as far as I know. But look at this plug. How can I convert to my red CEE plug?

Found this in P&C OFTRINGEN. Look at the middle Adapter: Is this the CEE16Plus too. Seems to be from BRUSA.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2273&d=1312645686.jpg

IMG_20110609_155402.jpg

All fair points.

Can someone explain the adapter cable for 32A? Do
I need that only in Ticino or everywhere with Park & Charge?

Does anyone know what it costs?

Thanks

Andrew

I did talk to the responsible ,man here in Switzerland. This adapter is on several places in Switzerland ( about 3 in the German part and about 10 in Ticino ). But so far it is not possible to get it. The reasons are complicated....
However I'm trying to find a way to get it.

The situation is kind of frustrating, but there it is....Ifthere are some news, I will post them

This 16Aplus seems to be really something special. Would enable us to charge with 32A on some parke and charge installations in Switzerland. I think there are about 10 such chargers in Switzerland. I know two of them: Bissone and Göschenen.
There is a possibility to make an order for this plug. Would someone be interested?

I've been this weekend in Geneva.

La Réserve Genève :: Home

This is a great place. Kind of where the rich and beautiful meet. Lots of superb cars!

They have a HPC Tesla charger outdoors and at least two red CEE32 sockets with Tesla UMC's in the garage
There have been two teslas outdoors on the lawn, you can rent them and two other Tesla's in the garage. With my car: 5 Tesla Roadster at one place!

The only problem with their HPC is: When you get there you certainly would like to stay longer then 3 hours!

th_0c45b220.jpg

th_02bd7327.jpg

th_0bcdba26.jpg