Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging Above Set-Point with New Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone else notice that when the charging is scheduled (scheduled departure option) to a certain percentage, it's always charging above that set-point after the latest software update?

I scheduled the charge to 90%, but it stops at 93% and sometimes at 92%!

However, I didn't notice this behavior at the supercharging station, yet.

Yep. Same thing has happened to me. Only when scheduled departure is enabled apparently. I’m guessing that the 3% power increase with the new update has altered the battery calibration in some way.

You’ve probably noticed that the charging limit in your app mysteriously bumped up to 93% also. Readjusting it won’t fix the problem though

Just speculating here:

I wonder if the algorithm is based on it needing to end the charger at a certain time vs filled up by that time so it's approximate. This would be the case that you wanted your battery pre-heated for example prior to departure so it did not have to heat it as you started to drive. Otherwise it could be the case the charging might end 30 minutes before when it reached your setpoint and then cooled down during those 30 minutes.

Mine is set for 70% and that is exactly the % it stops at. (Monitored by TeslaFI.COM).

My ending times are early than my scheduled times by ~30 min. I am not having it run the HVAC (unchecked).

Tu 04:22 (vs 05:00 scheduled)
We 03:25 (vs 04:00 scheduled)
Th 03:33 (vs 04:00 scheduled)