Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging Adapters for new Delivery....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been looking everywhere for this but I cannot find the answer. Friend of mine just put a reservation in for a new Model 3 and I'm trying help her through the process of getting everything ready. However I cannot for the life of me find out what adapter are currently being included in with the vehicle. For those that have recently taken delivery, can you please tell me what charging adapters you have received. Thanks in advance.

It was reported that the 14-50 adapter was back-ordered for a while, so since it's available now, I ordered it before even getting a VIN, because it'd suck not being able to charge the car with 220V when you have everything else in place. Just got the adapter, and also the kit to hold the base and cable on the wall. Just need the damn car. Ha ha. Hopefully Dec 30-31, which is the new date given, but with no VIN yet, I'm doubting that, especially for TX. We'll see, I guess :). The good news is Tesla should REALLY want to make the sale on 2020, right? And do they claim that after issuing the VIN, receiving the money, or the actual delivery? Does anybody know? Hopefully it's not when getting paid, or they could take my money, and wait weeks to deliver it. Thank you.

Reactions: dmurphy
It was reported that the 14-50 adapter was back-ordered for a while, so since it's available now, I ordered it before even getting a VIN, because it'd suck not being able to charge the car with 220V when you have everything else in place. Just got the adapter, and also the kit to hold the base and cable on the wall. Just need the damn car. Ha ha. Hopefully Dec 30-31, which is the new date given, but with no VIN yet, I'm doubting that, especially for TX. We'll see, I guess :). The good news is Tesla should REALLY want to make the sale on 2020, right? And do they claim that after issuing the VIN, receiving the money, or the actual delivery? Does anybody know? Hopefully it's not when getting paid, or they could take my money, and wait weeks to deliver it. Thank you.

It’s when title of ownership transfers, which should be when they deliver the car.

You made a good call grabbing the 14-50 while available. It’s the most useful adapter and should be a key in everyone’s bag.

Good luck - hope it shows up imminently
For you!