Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging adapters ~ Type 2 UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys.
so I made a trip to Wales last weekend to find out that the Tesla supercharging station was closed! Couldn’t believe it. Cut a long story short, I tried to charge it at the local Tesco, but the lead didn’t fit into my car. Is there an adapter you can buy to covert the standard Tesco ev chargers into the Tesla type 2?
thanks

My Tesco has several Type 2 Adpaters that use the blue cable that came with the car and work fine - 22kw or 7kw. You have to "claim" the charge or it kicks you off after 15 minutes and sometimes even if you have claimed the charge. They Type 2 are all free to use. You claim the charge via PodPoint app.

There is also 1 pay charger which has once Chademo & 1 CCS - this works in my car with an adapter - if you don't have the adapter I think it is 250 or thereabouts to have the adapter enabled and buy the adapter - which is pretty useful as most of the fast pay chargers seem to be this fitting so if you are nor near a Supercharger you can be out of luck otherwise.

Cut a long story short, I tried to charge it at the local Tesco, but the lead didn’t fit into my car.
What kind of plug was it?
Is there an adapter you can buy to covert the standard Tesco ev chargers into the Tesla type 2?
How can you expect people to know if there's an adapter if you won't say what kind of plug it's for?

I generally would think most of the stations in Wales and the UK already have Type2 plugs, so I'm not sure what else that would be.