Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging Adaptors 101

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Needless to say, he supplied the GPO's, and I don't bother looking for any parts any more.

Absolutely agree with electrical items. But I had a very different experience with a house reno 4 years ago where part of the upgrade was to replace every bit of glazing in the house (doors and windows) with double glazing. After lots of research, I decided to go with UVPC tilt-and turn for the openable windows, and UVCP sliding doors, and I would source and pay for them, builder to install.

I was also going to do the same for the fixed windows, but the builder talked me out of it. And I’ve absolutely regretted it ever since.

The windows and doors I sourced are absolutely fantastic. But already 5 of the builder-sourced fixed IGUs have failed. Trust me - you do NOT want to source inferior double glazing. It has been an absolute pain to have them replaced - with UVPC framed IGUs that I should have sourced from the get-go.

Reactions: moa999
What brand please, I'm in the process of looking at upgrading windows and sliding doors to DG

I used Easy Windows in Brookvale, I’ve found them great to deal with. They mostly get their glass from AGG (Australian Glass Group), the UVPC frame profiles come from Germany but they do the cutting/fabrication here. Some people don‘t like UVPC frames, as they are quite ‘chunky’ but I like their really solid look and feel. When you get into double glazing, the range of options tailored to specific requirements is truly head-spinning.

The thing I like most about UVPC frames is the ability to clean both sides of the window from inside (great for when you’re In a very tall and skinny house like mine), and the ability to replace the glazing (if you need to) without taking the frame out. They can also take up to 24mm air gap IGUs to maximise insulation. None of this comes cheap, of course, but you get what you pay for.

• Informative
Reactions: Quickst
Just as a follow up to a conversation in another thread in regards to the gen2 UMC firmware updates.
Below is the reply from Tesla support that i recieved when asking about the 8/10 12/15 amp charging rate using tails marked 10a and 15a.

—quote—
You can perform the below exercise to trigger an off-board update on your Mobile Connector -
  • Make sure the vehicle's battery state of charge (SOC) is above 50%.
  • Move the SOC target slider on the vehicle's touchscreen to a value below the current state of charge.
  • Connect the vehicle to the Gen 2 UMC.
  • Make sure all vehicle doors are closed and Climate System is off.
  • The UMC update will start as soon as the center display is off.
  • The update may take between 5-10 minutes. On the Gen 2 UMC, the Tesla "T" LED will flash green during the update process which is expected.
Please note, there is a known characteristic with vehicle software 2023.20 or newer that is causing UMC updates to fail.

Please connect to a strong Wi-Fi connection whenever possible to allow future firmware updates to download when they become available.

My place is BAL affected. BAL29 mostly
Aluminium frames for BAL affected properties would make sense but they are excellent at transmitting heat
Some timber ok for BAL 29 or 40

Ok thanks
I was looking at BINQ windows
Be thankful you're not BAL FZ, those windows look like they belong on a bomb shelter and the $$$$... :oops:

Let's just say I'll live with the old windows and pay to run the AC as required...

I got my MY finally and will do my first charge to 80% tonight. on the app it’s showing a max current charge to 12A, what update do you need to get a charge of 15A on a 15A outlet?
You need a firmware update for the UMC itself. Recent versions of the car software include it, but the delivery branch that the car comes with doesn't have it for some reason.

So you wait for the first update to the car software, then after the next charge completes from the UMC the car should update the UMC (people with Model 3 Highland cars have been having trouble getting this to work but I hadn't heard of anyone complaining about it with Model Ys).