Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging along 70 in Kansas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All

I will be traveling thru Kansas on i-70 in June on my way to the Mt. Evans event. I have been able to locate some KOAs along the way but Plug share isn't showing much else for public charging. I would like to have some back-up/emergency locations just in case. I was wondering if anyone knows of any other charging options along 70 in KS.

I did find a J1772 in Salina KS on Pludshare but there are no details on it. So if anyone had info on that charger it would be appreciated.

Thanks
Liz

Liz,

My family and I just drove our Model S through St. Louis from Shawnee, KS yesterday. We stopped for a couple hours of charging at Joe Machens Nissan in Columbia. They let us charge on their 30 amp J1772 charger and relax in their waiting area at no charge. We answered lots of questions about the car and discussed the limited charging infrastructure in the Midwest. They have only sold a few Leafs.

We are now in Indianapolis, IN and will be returning to KC on Sat/Sun. Joe Machens Nissan is closed on Sunday; but, the service manager said we could still pull in and use their chargers. There are some fast food joints which are walking distance from the dealer.

There is an RV campground with 50 amp outlets about 5 miles north of Columbia, MO. But, they were hard to reach and after playing phone tag for a few days I decided that for just a quick charge the extra driving wouldn't be worth while.

I may write a post detailing our road trip throuh the Midwest later on. It has been a great experience!

Liz,

My family and I just drove our Model S through St. Louis from Shawnee, KS yesterday. We stopped for a couple hours of charging at Joe Machens Nissan in Columbia. They let us charge on their 30 amp J1772 charger and relax in their waiting area at no charge. We answered lots of questions about the car and discussed the limited charging infrastructure in the Midwest. They have only sold a few Leafs.

We are now in Indianapolis, IN and will be returning to KC on Sat/Sun. Joe Machens Nissan is closed on Sunday; but, the service manager said we could still pull in and use their chargers. There are some fast food joints which are walking distance from the dealer.

There is an RV campground with 50 amp outlets about 5 miles north of Columbia, MO. But, they were hard to reach and after playing phone tag for a few days I decided that for just a quick charge the extra driving wouldn't be worth while.

I may write a post detailing our road trip throuh the Midwest later on. It has been a great experience!

Thanks for the info. Can you PM me the contact at the Nissan dealership. Also how long did you actually charge and how many miles did you get?