Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging Apps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What charging apps would be recommended to use for Quebec, Eastern Ontario and Northern New York state.

There seems to be an abundance of charging apps out there that overlap.
When not near a supercharger what apps would be really needed?
I've read that some networks you need to sign up for membership, sometimes no cost for that.
I just don't want ton of apps and memberships to use when 1 or 2 would suffice above and beyond the Tesla Supercharger network.

I can see in Quebec Electric Circuit, I think this is the main on. There is also Flo, both are promoted on the Gov't website.

Any advise to help straighten this out?

Plugshare is the widest in North America to look for charging stations. ChargeHub is an alternative.

Generally CE & Flo are ok for QC & part of Ontario. But you may need more. Check Plugshare.

Now to pay in the States you may need several other (Chargepoint, Electrify America, Flo, EVGo, etc.) in the states if you use LVL2 charging.

For LVL 3, Superchargers taking care of everything. You only need a credit card to you account and the Tesla app. Plug and recharge anywhere in NA !

Here’s my list of EV apps (ignore slack. 😜)
01ED659A-3006-493F-A18B-75CAFBAA7032.png

• Helpful
Reactions: Arctic_White
I guess like anything else, everyone wants you to use "their" app instead of all putting their efforts into making one fantastic app. sigh.....

Do you make accounts for all these or use as a guest?

I have seen that on some charging stations that they have 2 rates, member and non member.

I'm in Ontario, so I don't know how much cross over there is........I have several apps on my phone to pay for charging (like Swtch, Chargepoint, and Flo), but I really use just the Plugshare app when I need to locate the charging places. I have accounts with Flo, Chargepoint, and Swtch, to make it easy to pay for charging (price is the same). PetroCanada uses the members-pay-less model, which I suppose might be good if you know you'll be using their particular stations a lot. If you use a variety, like I did, it never made sense to become a member.

I guess like anything else, everyone wants you to use "their" app instead of all putting their efforts into making one fantastic app. sigh.....

Do you make accounts for all these or use as a guest?

I have seen that on some charging stations that they have 2 rates, member and non member.
I did make accounts, but only FLO has any billing info. ChargePoint is used mostly to unlock their level 2 chargers.

Reactions: Randy-12