TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Charging at a Walgreens in Foxfield, CO

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest' started by GlennAlanBerry, Jul 21, 2013.

1. GlennAlanBerry

This morning, just on a whim, we decided to find the nearest Walgreens that had an L2 charger, which happened to be at 16440 E. Arapahoe Rd., Foxfield, CO 80016 (http://www.recargo.com/sites/4889). It is just east of the intersection of Parker Road and Arapahoe, for people in the Denver area.

It is a standard SemaCharge L2 charger that puts out 6000 watts, and it worked just fine. It is also free. I also wanted to show my wife how to use the Tesla adapter, so that the public charger world work on the Tesla. We were only plugged in for about five minutes.

We plugged in, took some pictures, and then went in to buy some stuff. I made a special point to tell the manager that I was plugged in with my Tesla electric car, and that I appreciated it. Even though L2 charging stations are slow for a Tesla, I think it is a good idea to try to use them when you get a chance, and to make sure and tell the business that has them about it.

2. callmesam

callmesam Member

What was the charge speed?

3. aviators99

aviators99 Model S - R140

Doesn't Walgreens charge $0.49 per kWh?

4. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

6 kwh

5. GlennAlanBerry

This one was free. I believe that all Walgreens L2 chargers are free, but I could be wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it was getting 14 miles per hour, or about half what my NEMA 14-50 at home does.

6. mitch672

mitch672 Active Member

The Walgreens in my town is .49/KWH

7. steve841

steve841 Active Member

Most Walgreens contract with a company that owns the Chargepoint stations and most do charge .49/kWH ...

8. Curt

Curt Roadster Signature #55

All of the Walgreens in my area (Baltimore/DC) use SemaCharge stations, and they're free.

9. Denarius

Denarius Active Member

Walgreens in Utah are free and use SemaCharge stations.