Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging at Airport long term parking - best practice?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. Best practice is to find a 110V and plug it in. No one is inconvenienced and charge level is, at a minimum, maintained.

2. 3-10 days is really nothing unless you're low on charge. Also if it's very cold the car will wake up periodically to warm the battery.

3. A number of EVSEs charge by the hour whether they are suppling electricity or not. This can get expensive.

4. Be sure power saving (sleep mode) is enabled.

• Informative
Reactions: xkwizit
Right, as @jerry33 suggests, unless you can find a 110V, park in a normal stall. That's too long to hog a true charging station and not really be using it. Check a number of other threads on best practices with energy savings (ON) settings and "always connected" (checked) to reduce daily vampire drain (that combo only drains 2-3 mi/day in my S90D) and you should be fine for many days depending of course on the remaining charge you started with. ;)

At the Tampa airport these are dedicated EV spots with both 120V outlets and J1772 charging stations. But there are 2 parking spots for every 1 charging station. So I park in one of the spots and plug in to 120V, leaving the higher power station free for the other spot. I set the car to maintain 50% charge. The day before returning home I use the mobile app to bump it back up to 90% and it's ready when I get there.