Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging at COTA

Dec 7, 2018
Texas
Just curious if anyone from this thread was successful in taking their Tesla racing on COTA and whether charging at the RV park worked out.
Yes it worked out great. They allowed to charge at the RV site which was really helpful in-between sessions. Luckily I had my onewheel scooter so I could quickly go back and forth from the RV site to the paddocks.

20191013_090254.jpg

2019-10-12_EA_COTA_RP_6898.jpg

pret2234

Oct 24, 2021
Corpus Christi
Ok, maybe the last word about charging at COTA. Attached are three pics of a pedestal outside the garage area near the track entrance. It’s basically a remote pedestal for the receptacles inside the nearby garage. So, the only slightly crazy thing to do would be to get a Wall Connector and build a custom 60A capable pigtail wired into a Mennekes plug that could pull 48A, 240V from this receptacle. Probably want to get an OK from COTA first.
Ok, maybe the last word about charging at COTA. Attached are three pics of a pedestal outside the garage area near the track entrance. It’s basically a remote pedestal for the receptacles inside the nearby garage. So, the only slightly crazy thing to do would be to get a Wall Connector and build a custom 60A capable pigtail wired into a Mennekes plug that could pull 48A, 240V from this receptacle. Probably want to get an OK from COTA first.
What is the email for the COTA RV manager?

Dec 7, 2018
Texas
Whom did you get ahold of for the EV charging? Do you have an email?
This was done through the racing organization/group that rented out COTA. I don't know who from COTA ultimately gave access. But there is a kiosk with usually somebody there working/standing guard so maybe you can ask them if you are allowed to use one of the RV sites to charge.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC