Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging at COTA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious if anyone from this thread was successful in taking their Tesla racing on COTA and whether charging at the RV park worked out.
Yes it worked out great. They allowed to charge at the RV site which was really helpful in-between sessions. Luckily I had my onewheel scooter so I could quickly go back and forth from the RV site to the paddocks.

20191013_090254.jpg

2019-10-12_EA_COTA_RP_6898.jpg

Ok, maybe the last word about charging at COTA. Attached are three pics of a pedestal outside the garage area near the track entrance. It’s basically a remote pedestal for the receptacles inside the nearby garage. So, the only slightly crazy thing to do would be to get a Wall Connector and build a custom 60A capable pigtail wired into a Mennekes plug that could pull 48A, 240V from this receptacle. Probably want to get an OK from COTA first.
Ok, maybe the last word about charging at COTA. Attached are three pics of a pedestal outside the garage area near the track entrance. It’s basically a remote pedestal for the receptacles inside the nearby garage. So, the only slightly crazy thing to do would be to get a Wall Connector and build a custom 60A capable pigtail wired into a Mennekes plug that could pull 48A, 240V from this receptacle. Probably want to get an OK from COTA first.
What is the email for the COTA RV manager?

Did COTA today with M3P(Mich pilot sport AS 3+) with Edge Addicts.

Session 1: 94% to 58%: 6 Laps 2:58
Camp ground recharge: 58%-72%. 7KW
Session 2: 72%- 15% 6 laps 2x 2:52. Larger depletion as i got out first and ran all but traffic free.

Kyle Texas is nearest supercharger and would require about 12-15% 30min each way and maybe a hour on the charger to come back to track and maybe get 2 more session. I didn’t do this but theorized it…

How do we get tracks to put real chargers on them???

Reactions: Cosmacelf
Did COTA today with M3P(Mich pilot sport AS 3+) with Edge Addicts.

Session 1: 94% to 58%: 6 Laps 2:58
Camp ground recharge: 58%-72%. 7KW
Session 2: 72%- 15% 6 laps 2x 2:52. Larger depletion as i got out first and ran all but traffic free.

Kyle Texas is nearest supercharger and would require about 12-15% 30min each way and maybe a hour on the charger to come back to track and maybe get 2 more session. I didn’t do this but theorized it…

How do we get tracks to put real chargers on them???

It’s all up to the track. Tracks have more than enough land for a supercharger site. They also have lots of electricity infrastructure, so it’s really an ideal location. Who owns COTA? Talk to the owner, tell them Tesla will put in super chargers for free If the track allows free land use. Tesla will pay for the electricity. If you get an OK, then contact Tesla.