TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Charging at DFW Airport

Discussion in 'Texas' started by famelec, May 17, 2018.

1. famelec

famelec Member

I noticed that Plugshare no longer shows charging available in short-term parking at DFW. No Level 2 nor Level 1, both of which used to be on the site. Anyone have any insight as to why they're no longer showing?

2. bollar

bollar Disgruntled Member

Likely because you have your filters set incorrectly.

plugshare dfw airport.jpeg

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
  3. famelec

famelec Member

Oddly, the DFW airport chargers nor outlets show up on my mobile app (I did triple check the filters), but do show up on my computer....

When charging at the SemaConnect chargers in short-term parking, does anyone one know if you actually have to have a SemaConnect account? There are apparently no fees when charging there, so I'd prefer not to give my credit card and personal information if I don't have to.

4. famelec

famelec Member

I charged this week at a Level 2 charger near A20. No need to have an account. Just plug in. When I arrived on Monday I was the only electric car in the four available spaces; when i returned there was also a Model S charging and two free spaces.

I felt kind of bad that I parked for 2.5 days but really only needed 6 hours of charging (120 mile to home; charging at 20 miles per hour). Fortunately I doubt I blocked anyone else from charging.

5. bollar

bollar Disgruntled Member

There are numerous wall outlets in the new Terminal A garage -- on future visits, you can use one of those without worrying about blocking the L2 chargers.