TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Charging at Disney in Florida?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by tinanbran, Jan 16, 2016.

1. tinanbran

tinanbran Member

So the first major road trip that we are planning with the Tesla is down to Disney with the kids. We are looking to book the accommodations now but we are wondering if anyone has a hotel on site that they are aware of that provides charging ports?

2. Rob Fairman

Rob Fairman Member

I know for certain that you can charge at Epcot and the new Disney Springs parking garage, but not so sure about at the resorts themselves. Check out this thread, it should give you some help.-http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/9843-Hotels-in-Florida-with-Charging-Stations

3. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

Plugshare app shows a few near the park. Sheraton Vistana Resort has a free one available 24/7 to anyone, but I can't vouch for the accommodations since I've never stayed there. There's also free charging at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek. Bahama Bay Resort has an HPWC and looks pretty conveniently located, not too far.

4. jrreno

jrreno Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile

Disney does not offer destination charging at their resorts.
    Epcot has 4 Chargepoint chargers that cost 35 cents a kwh. We have arrived at 11 am on several occaisions to find them full ( on one occaision ICEd. )
    Disney Springs has 3 Chargepoint at 35 cents a kwh on top of the Orange parking garage that seem to usually be open. There is no direct way to the Parks from Disney Springs via Disney transportation.
    There is a Supercharger at the Turkey Lake rest area on the Florida Turnpike. You can access it from both directions on the TP and we have often left it going in the opposite direction We entered.
    I know there are several non Disney hotels in the area that offer destination charging and there are Chademo chargers around town.
    We are Disney annual passholders and if it were me I'd stay at a Disney resort using their transportation to get to the parks and charge at the Supercharger for my return trip. Of course that assumes you are only visiting Disney. If you are planning to visit other attractions in Orlando an offsite hotel with destination charging probably would be more practical.

See:
    Disney's current position regarding electric chargers

5. Chrisizzle

Chrisizzle Member

They wouldn't be listed as 'car chargers' but you could stay at the Disney Fort Wilderness campground and plug into one of many NEMA 14-50 outlets.

6. swrving

swrving Member

While I haven't used the charger at Sheraton Vistana Resort, I have stayed there several times, it's a nice resort, and it's very easy to get to Disney or other attractions from there.

7. Forty Creek

Forty Creek Member

Received the following description from Disney today:

ChargePoint charging ports can be found at the front of the Journey parking lot at Epcot, at the front of the Peacock Parking lot at Disney's Animal Kingdom, and on the top level of the Orange Garage at Disney Springs. To use the service, you will need a credit card or a pre-ordered ChargePoint card - available at chargepoint.com.

Please note: The website linked to directly above is not controlled by disneyworld.com. Different terms of use and a separate privacy policy will apply.

The rate to use these stations is $.35 per kilowatt hour, with a minimum service amount of $1.50. Charging will stop once the vehicle's battery is fully charged and ChargePoint will "ping" the owners to alert them.

Guests arriving at the Epcot or Disney's Animal Kingdom Auto Plaza may ask a Cast Member for directions to the charging stations. Guests visiting Disney Springs should follow signage to the Orange Garage and proceed to the top level. All charging stations are on a first-come, first-served basis and spaces are designated for electric vehicle charging only.

8. mrElbe

mrElbe Member

The Vistana Villages charger charges at 30 A = 26km per hour.

9. tinanbran

tinanbran Member

Thanks for all the info. Looking fwd to going! even more to delivery..... This wait is killing us, BUT we finally have been issued a VIN!!!