Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging at Disney in Florida?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's chargers at Epcot. We're there late October for the Food and Wine as well.
The Chargers at Epcot are fee based and are often iced. Priuses and pick up trucks love to park there. It is a real shame that no Disney hotel has Tesla destination charging or any reasonable charging infrastructure. It is easy to find a good hotel in Florida with a destination charger. Disney is a glaring exception. We are frequent Disney guests but are constantly disappointed by their attitude about EVs. Speaking to management has not been helpful. We will keep trying.

The Chargers at Epcot are fee based and are often iced. Priuses and pick up trucks love to park there. It is a real shame that no Disney hotel has Tesla destination charging or any reasonable charging infrastructure. It is easy to find a good hotel in Florida with a destination charger. Disney is a glaring exception. We are frequent Disney guests but are constantly disappointed by their attitude about EVs. Speaking to management has not been helpful. We will keep trying.

Look back in this thread about Wilderness Lodge. They accommodations for Tesla owners to use our portable charger. Not the greatest but it's a start. Talking to management earlier this year, they stated you're going to see a lot of attention paid to EV charging. Disney tends to work slow though so we'll see how long it takes. They are fully aware of the changing tide.

The chargers at Epcot are fee based but it's a solution. We live 40 minutes from Disney and are there frequently on weekends. It's rare that we see the chargers ICED. The bigger problem is that they are always full of Teslas. It's not uncommon to see 5-10 Teslas up in the front parking area near the chargers.

Look back in this thread about Wilderness Lodge. They accommodations for Tesla owners to use our portable charger. Not the greatest but it's a start. Talking to management earlier this year, they stated you're going to see a lot of attention paid to EV charging. Disney tends to work slow though so we'll see how long it takes. They are fully aware of the changing tide.

The chargers at Epcot are fee based but it's a solution. We live 40 minutes from Disney and are there frequently on weekends. It's rare that we see the chargers ICED. The bigger problem is that they are always full of Teslas. It's not uncommon to see 5-10 Teslas up in the front parking area near the chargers.
I hope they figure it out. We are currently in Saint Augustine. Every hotel in the area as destination charging. My car is being charged right now at the Hilton. Nice

I hope they figure it out. We are currently in Saint Augustine. Every hotel in the area as destination charging. My car is being charged right now at the Hilton. Nice

Yeah, the hotels near FSU we frequent have destination chargers too. I wonder if with the ramp of Model 3s on the road if the free supercharging will end or a small fee will be added to your bill. Seems like once EVs become very prevalent, things will change.

I'm not sure if Disney owns the chargers in place now or if they are just allowing 3rd parties to put them in. With simply parking a car costing $22 a day, I suspect Disney will up parking fees and provide free charging. Nothing is free at Disney.

Last edited:
We hit the WAWA station....

The Chargers on the Disney Springs parking decks are few and far.... Have to be very lucky to get one as they are normally full...

I had lunch over at the Grand Floridian. When I asked about charging, they did have a bank of about 10 spaces for 110 charging, which I did use.

Saratoga Springs had nothing.... So, for Resort charging the only charging I have found are 110 charging at Copper Creek and Grand Floridian. I had to specifically ask....

Disney Riviera Resort put in at least one Charge Point charger. There's several parking areas at the resort and I haven't driven around to see if this is the only one.

Riviera.jpg

Disney Riviera Resort put in at least one Charge Point charger. There's several parking areas at the resort and I haven't driven around to see if this is the only one.

View attachment 604548

View attachment 604548
Thanks for this. I'm helping the authors of "The Unofficial Guide to Disney World" add a section on EV charging to their book. I'll make sure I send them this location.

The Dolphin has a few 110 outlets that are available..... But you have to ask when pulling in.... I saw a few Tesla's plugged in on them yesterday..

These are located under the covered drop off areas for the hotel and the convention area....

Also, be aware that WAWA on Sandlake has new super chargers.

They are about 10 minutes away from Disney.

That's probably the best solution. There are several Supercharger stations in the Orlando area. Just charge up to 90% on the way in, and you should have more than enough charge for a week's worth of local driving.

Any opportunity to add some charge when parking is just icing on the cake. If you are parking on Disney property, you usually only get in your car to drive to a restaurant in the evening, or for shopping, or to go to SeaWorld, Universal, etc, so you'll actually do very little mileage.

Note: Someone said you might find a 20a plug, so probably good to buy the 5-20 adapter to take full advantage of that if you can.

There's actually new Superchargers much closer in Celebration now.
There’s also a permit for 12 v3 chargers in Davenport.

There’s actually level 2 chargers in the parking lots of each of the parks. You have to know where they are and convince the parking cast member to let you go there. And they apparently fill up early.

(p.s. loving this thread that combines two of my passions - Tesla’s and Disney parks)

Reactions: martind3
There’s also a permit for 12 v3 chargers in Davenport.

There’s actually level 2 chargers in the parking lots of each of the parks. You have to know where they are and convince the parking cast member to let you go there. And they apparently fill up early.

(p.s. loving this thread that combines two of my passions - Tesla’s and Disney parks)

Yeah, we live about 40 minutes north of Disney. Wife and I are retired so we spend a lot of time at the parks. Gets us out walking around instead of sitting around waiting for COVID to go away.

We're aware of the park chargers. We don't really need them anymore since he Celebration Superchargers went in. We can drive down, spend a week at the parks and hit the Celebration chargers on the way home.

I rarely see an empty charger at the parks anyway. I don't think I'd be able to use one if I needed it.

I must agree with that fact being the chargers in the parks are few and far...

They are always occupied due to the fact there isn't many of them...

I have been lucky enough to charge at Disney Springs in the Lime garage on the level 5 deck a few times...

But in most cases, we also use the Celebration chargers....

• Helpful
Reactions: martind3