Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging at Electrify America (and other CCS stations)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Hiline

Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2022
Los Angeles
Listings
If you need fast charging and the Superchargers near you tend to be crowded, keep in mind that if your Tesla vehicle is relatively new, you can use a CCS1 adapter to charge at a non-Tesla DCFC station such as Electrify America and EVGo. Instructions on verifying compatibility are in the latest post in this thread: CCS1 adapter for Model X Refresh with new charge door?

There are two ways of buying this:

1. Buy directly from the Korean ecommerce site Harum.io. Order lead time is about 2 weeks.
2. Buy from eBay at a higher price with probably faster delivery and with eBay protection.

There happens to be a free DCFC station near my place so this adapter gives me free fast charging. This adapter is paying for itself pretty quickly :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn’t want to reveal my secrets but if you’re out to save money, the cheapest superchargers in CA (especially during peak hours) that don’t have a parking fee are Cupertino - Stevens Creek, San Ramon - Diablo Plaza, and Fremont - Pacific Commons. They even beat EA with the $4 monthly pass price.

• Informative
Reactions: Hiline
I didn’t want to reveal my secrets but if you’re out to save money, the cheapest superchargers in CA (especially during peak hours) that don’t have a parking fee are Cupertino - Stevens Creek, San Ramon - Diablo Plaza, and Fremont - Pacific Commons. They even beat EA with the $4 monthly pass price.
I think you mean "...the cheapest superchargers in NORTHERN CA..." or possibly "the Bay Area"

The three you listed (Cupertino, San Ramon, and Fremont) are all in Northern California.
Understood. The best way I can factually restate this: in the state of California, as of 7-11-22, the lowest priced superchargers with no parking fees and no time of use pricing are Cupertino- Stevens Creek, Fremont - Pacific Commons, Newark, San Ramon - Diablo Plaza, and Marin City.

Reactions: X-pilot
Understood. The best way I can factually restate this: in the state of California, as of 7-11-22, the lowest priced superchargers with no parking fees and no time of use pricing are Cupertino- Stevens Creek, Fremont - Pacific Commons, Newark, San Ramon - Diablo Plaza, and Marin City.
From the changes two days ago with the peak hours this list has changed. Now it’s Brentwood, San José - Cherry Ave, El Cerrito, and Martínez. 29 cents with no parking fees or peak pricing involved. The pricing changes seem to be encouraging under utilized stations and the peak hour variation seem to be adjusting to chargers being too busy when peak hours aren’t right.

tried to use the the ccs adapter at EA yesterday, didn’t go well. 3x it disconnected me after 10 minutes. was in a rush so didn’t have time to troubleshoot. will have to try again soon.

and the cord is so damn stiff and short (lol insert all applicable jokes 🤣)