Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging at Fort Worth, Texas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All

Looks like I will be spending some time in Fort worth, Texas on Fridays and Saturdays. I am planning to stay over night at Fort worth, Texas. I live about 75 miles away from Corsicana supercharger.

Distance from Corsicana to Fort worth is 82 miles.

If I drive directly to Fort worth from my home then I will be driving 140 miles.

Here are my questions:

I do not want to range charge ...and therefore I thought of two scenarios...charging to 90% which is about 228 miles

Scenario 1: Drive to Fort worth and charge at destination charger (NYLO or Hyatt in Dallas or Irving) and use Tesla chargers to charge over night. Disadvantage to this is that I have to drive to Las Colinas or Irving or downtown Dallas.

Scenario 2: Use eVgo station and buy a Chademo adapter and charge at Walgreens in Fort worth, Texas. Disadvantage to this would be I would be spending at least an hour before I head to a hotel in Fort worth and then on Saturday morning I still have to stop at Corsicana.

Questions:

I have not charged at eVgo or blink stations and I am not sure how much it costs? Also I have to buy Chademo adapter

I could use destination charging at NYLO hotel or Hyatt hotel but I have to drive to Las Colinas to use it. Not sure what kind of adapter I need though

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

Why do you not want to range charge? That's what it's for.
Tesla destination charging is a HPWC. You don't need any adapters.
Or you could pick a hotel where you could plug into a 120V outlet overnight and pick up 30 miles of range in 10 hours (50 miles if it's a 20A circuit and you have a 5-20 adapter).

Why do you not want to range charge? That's what it's for.
Tesla destination charging is a HPWC. You don't need any adapters.
Or you could pick a hotel where you could plug into a 120V outlet overnight and pick up 30 miles of range in 10 hours (50 miles if it's a 20A circuit and you have a 5-20 adapter).

If it is one time thing I understand but I am going to be spending almost every week in Fort worth. This means I have to range charge every Friday morning.

I thought range charging every week will affect the battery. Correct me if I am wrong

Range charging is not supposed to hurt anything as long as you immediately start driving. It's only bad to have the car sitting with a 100% charge, especially at high ambient temps.

At least that's how it's been explained to me.

Range charge when you need to. Once a week is not a lot and you bought the car to use, not to make your life inconvenient. The important thing is to not let the car sit at 100% for a long time, especially in the summer. Charge up to 100% just before you leave and the effect will be minimal.

Just reviving this old thread because I'm headed to a conference in January at the Omni Hotel in Ft Worth. They are actually on plugshare as having a 120 outlet available, but of course, it's valet only. So I'm paying $25 for the opportunity to charge on their wall outlet. That frustrates me.

Any one else stayed at the Omni and been able to find an outlet in the normal parking garage? Our conference hosts have gotten us complimentary self parking (its normally $19 for self parking, so it'd be a no brainer to use valet then), so I don't feel like paying $50 for two nights just to get a charge out of them, when I can go to the nearby CHAdeMO right down the street after the conference.

Does anybody have any advice on where to charge in Fort Worth? I'll be staying in downtown Fort Worth and visiting family in what they now call "Near Southside Fort Worth", which is just south of downtown.

I see a supercharger in Arlington that is currently open. I also see that there is a Supercharger in Fort Worth scheduled to be open "by the end of 2017" in Clearfork. Does anybody know anything more about that?

Thanks!

Martin

Does anybody have any advice on where to charge in Fort Worth? I'll be staying in downtown Fort Worth and visiting family in what they now call "Near Southside Fort Worth", which is just south of downtown.

I see a supercharger in Arlington that is currently open. I also see that there is a Supercharger in Fort Worth scheduled to be open "by the end of 2017" in Clearfork. Does anybody know anything more about that?

Thanks!

Martin

My best recommendation would be to use Supercharger in Arlington.
NOTHING charges as fast as a Supercharger, it is less than 15 miles (each way) from Ft. Worth to Arlington.

If your hosts have a 110 V outlet, that would work in a pinch, but really slow,

Reactions: mrod1975