Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging at Golf Courses

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like a natural. You're going to be parked for 4 or 5 hours. Since a charging station isn't all that expensive, you'd think golf courses would want to offer it as an incentive to play there.

I only know of one location where there's chargers. The Los Angeles City owned courses at Encino-Balboa have two Level 2 J-1772 chargers, although sometimes one or both are not working.

Has anyone tried talking to courses about this? Any suggestion on commercial grade Level 2 chargers? (The chargers at Encino-Balboa are Eaton, and they are about as reliable as a Jaguar from the 1970's)

Thanks for the suggestion Andre. I can approach them but if they put in a Level 2 J-1772 there's a whole flock of other cars that can charge. With destination charging, does Tesla require a 50amp or greater line for the HPWC?

I don't think Tesla requires specifically 50Amp circuit for wall connector. Wall connector supports a range of diff sized circuits and is quite flexible to what service it can run on. Beyond that, I'm not familiar with the actual destination charger program other than being a user of it a few times, which was quite nice. A few that I've seen actually had a couple of Tesla wall connectors as well as 1 or 2 J1772 based EVSEs together.