Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging at home, but shows as "other" in the app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting used to my new MYLR and all was well last night when I charged at home using a wall charger, the app showed home charging once I set my home address.

Today, the app shows the car's location as my home address, but charging is logged under "other". I also noticed that Sentry is on even though the car is at home in my garage. Any ideas what setting I managed to unintentionally mess up between last night and today?

You need to first set the Home location in the Navigation system (when the Tesla vehicle is parked in your driveway or garage.)
Yep - did that yesterday and verified that it’s still correct after I noticed this behavior tonight.

Home is set as 123 Main St, app shows car’s location as 123 Main St, but the car is behaving as though that isn’t where it is. I’m stumped.

Reactions: MYP-May-FL
Did you enter a cost per kWh value for the Home location in the Charging History settings within the Tesla app. (You can enter values for Home and Other.) The actual Supercharger costs are automatically uploaded for each Supercharger charging session.

Did you enter a cost per kWh value for the Home location in the Charging History settings within the Tesla app. (You can enter values for Home and Other.) The actual Supercharger costs are automatically uploaded for each Supercharger charging session.
I did. It’s less than a cent per kWh difference between home and other, so the difference isn’t big. I just can’t figure out why it worked perfectly yesterday and then today it’s confused 🤷‍♂️

Thanks. Tried that last night without success, but after a quick trip this morning home is showing as expected. Perhaps just a little gremlin.
One thought here that just came to me. I had the app closed last night during charging while we setup my wife's profile. Perhaps the closed app on my phone is the culprit for the "Other" location? It's the only thing I can think of that's different.

Thanks. Tried that last night without success, but after a quick trip this morning home is showing as expected. Perhaps just a little gremlin.
Do you have a decent cellular signal (as shown in the car) when at your home? If a poor or non existent signal, then the car may think it is somewhere else. And did the gps map show the proper location when you were at home?

• Informative
Reactions: T-Mom
related but different - anyone have Supercharger stops on road trips show up as 'other' in a similar way? Charging at home shows good for me, charging at SC seems to show correctly but if I make multiple SC stops on a road-trip in a day and it seems to show under 'other', which I don't get why...

i have same issue, what is happening for me is my home address is 'pinned' on the map as the very centre of my house, and my car is approx. 10m from my hours under a carport, so when the car is charging the app does not recognise where the car is parked as though it is at home, (even though it is!)...i have tried to play with pinning in the app and on my contact card but still not being recognised, so all charging is at 'Other' and does not pick up all the different metrics i have inputted into the app (time of use etc)...unsure where else to chase a solution for this

I have something similar.

My Home is set and works properly, location, cell wise, app tracks location and calculates properly.

My office, which is 500 meters/0.3 miles away, is setup in navigation, app has costs setup, and app shows the correct location of the office address, while charging there.

However, the charge stats logs the office charging under "Home".

Stumped, may be the locations are too close and can't differentiate?