Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging at home in Japan in 2021 令和3年で自宅での充電方法

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everybody, I'm currently waiting for delivery of a 2021 Model 3.

I have an outdoor socket that I can apparently switch from 100V to 200V easily, so I'm considering doing this. Is there any benefit of installing a Tesla Wall Charger? I'm thinking to request the CHAdeMO adapter as the free accessory and buy the Mobile Connector separately, and use the Mobile Connector to charge at home. I heard there's been problems with CHAdeMO chargers in the past, is this still a problem?

Is it currently possible to control charging from the phone app? Is it possible to edit charging schedules from the app? The reason I ask is because I have non-Tesla solar and batteries at home and would like to charge only when I have good solar power.

Also, is anybody charging their Tesla at 100V outlets without grounding at various destinations? Or anybody who has tried? How's that been?

If you have any other recommendations as a Tesla owner in Japan I'd be grateful for any advice you have to offer. Many thanks!

みなさん、初めまして!2021年のモデル3納車待ちです。テスラの日本環境等について少し質問させてください。

家では、200Vに割と簡単に切り替えそうな100V屋外コンセントがついていますので、そうしようと考えていますが、テスラのウォール充電器を設置するに特にメリットはありますでしょうか?一旦、チャデモの変換器をただでもらおうとしてみて、モバイルコネクター充電器を別途購入し、家で通常充電器としてモバイルコネクターを使おうかと考えています。しかし、過去スレにちょっと探ってたところで昔はチャデモにトラブルがあったようでしたが、2021年の日本でチャデモはどうでしょう?

スマホアプリから充電を操作することはできるでしょうか?かつ、充電スケジュールの編集も可能ですかね?なぜかと言いますと、家では他社ソーラーと蓄電池を持っていて、そこの連携性のない中、ソーラー発電により電気をうまく活躍したいからです。

また、旅行先、外出先等で普通の100Vコンセント(アースのないやつ)で充電している、してみた方はいますか?感想を教えてください。

日本でのテスラオーナーとして何か助言があれば教えていただければ幸いです!よろしくお願いしますー

I charge at home at 200V. It works great, but is pretty slow. I get about 20km / hour of charging. That's fine for normal situations.

I also have solar on my house. Currently I have my Tesla configured to start charging at 9AM, since I hope it will be sunny enough then. You can start/stop charging from the phone app, so it's pretty easy to control.

I do wish I had a way to have the Tesla talk to my solar system so it only charges when it is sunny enough, but unfortunately that doesn't seem possible.

BTW, I also got a CHAdeMO cable, which I leave in the car's lower trunk compartment. It's nice to have when traveling farther and you need a quick charge.

Upvote 0
Hello and welcome to Tesla
yes that true at 200V you can charge max to 20Km/h (16Amp)with the model 3
is not viable to charge at 100V it’s take to much time to do !more than 48h ……..from 20% to 90%
also without ground connection is not possible to charge the car ,you will get error one the Tesla charger
I do recommande if you can ,instal wall charger same like that you can choose your out power you want for charge the car (between 10 and 40Amp)
usualy it’s take 6~7 h for me to charge my car over the night ( 20to 90%)
you can not change this Amp setup from appli ,you can only do from the car . you can only start and stop the charging session
this last solution is much better but cost more because you need in general change your home braker to maximum power to avoid shutdown and if you home is little bit old it may possible also you need to change the line between your home and tepco Pilar and off course have more expressive contract ….

Upvote 0
日本語で返信いたしますね。

>テスラのウォール充電器を設置するに特にメリット

モバイルコネクターでも充電できますが、ケーブルが地面に接触しますので、綺麗な洋服を着ていらっしゃると汚れるとかが気になると思います。もちろん手も汚れますので、日本人の方ですと嫌な方は多いと思います。モバイルコネクターも壁掛けにすることはできると思います。
またウォールコネクターの場合、最大48A=9.6kWまでいけますので、モバイルコネクター16A=3.2kWより高速に充電できます。もちろんこれには屋内配線が対応していないといけません。

>昔はチャデモにトラブルがあったようでしたが、2021年の日本でチャデモはどうでしょう?

今でも互換性の問題はあります。
もうテスラの公式ページがアクセスできなくなってWayback Machineでしか見れませんが、ハセテック製の充電器は互換性が低く、あとJFEもかなりヤバいです。分からないことがあればこちらで充電器の写真と共に質問いただければ、使えそうかどうか回答します。チャデモに関しては、これらのメーカーは、少なくとも実車テストは全く行っていないと思います。

>スマホアプリから充電を操作することはできるでしょうか?

ON/OFFは可能です。

>充電スケジュールの編集も可能ですかね?

できないです。スケジュールで制御する場合、他社製ソーラー・蓄電池の場合には、TeslaFiなどの外部サービスをお勧めします。TeslaFiは月5ドルです。使い方についても質問いただければ回答しますし、TeslaFiのスレッドもたくさんあります。

>旅行先、外出先等で普通の100Vコンセント(アースのないやつ)で充電している、してみた方はいますか?

現状、購入できるGen 2のモバイルコネクターは、アースなしでの充電はサポートしておらず、今のところ成功した人も聞いたことがありません。たまたま友人でアースキャンセラーを作ってくれる、という方がいらっしゃるので、私もこれからGen 2をその方にお送りして、アダプターを作ってもらおうと考えています。Gen 1用のアースキャンセラーはすでに存在していて、私もあちこちで使用しています。
危険性があることは十分承知いただく必要があると思います。アースがないということは、万が一ですがテスラが故障し、万が一漏電した場合、100Vなら100Vがボディ等にかかる可能性があり、手で触れると(アースがなく、電気が通るところが人しかないため)確実に感電します。

Upvote 0
I also have solar on my house. Currently I have my Tesla configured to start charging at 9AM, since I hope it will be sunny enough then. You can start/stop charging from the phone app, so it's pretty easy to control.

Yeah that's what I'll probably end up doing if I can't figure out a better solution. Even if it can't connect to a solar system, it would be cool if Tesla only charges on sunny days for example. All they need to do is use a weather API to be able to implement that.

Hello and welcome to Tesla
yes that true at 200V you can charge max to 20Km/h (16Amp)with the model 3
is not viable to charge at 100V it’s take to much time to do !more than 48h ……..from 20% to 90%
also without ground connection is not possible to charge the car ,you will get error one the Tesla charger
I do recommande if you can ,instal wall charger same like that you can choose your out power you want for charge the car (between 10 and 40Amp)
usualy it’s take 6~7 h for me to charge my car over the night ( 20to 90%)
you can not change this Amp setup from appli ,you can only do from the car . you can only start and stop the charging session
this last solution is much better but cost more because you need in general change your home braker to maximum power to avoid shutdown and if you home is little bit old it may possible also you need to change the line between your home and tepco Pilar and off course have more expressive contract ….

Thanks! :)

I spoke with my house maker today, and they confirmed that the thickness of my outdoor wiring could support up to 30A... It's currently set to 20A at the breaker. I think I'll just go for the mobile charger with the mounting brackets and use that as my main charger at home. I don't think an extra 33% will make a huge difference for home charging to the point I can change my charging behavior. Plus 30A at 200V already way exceeds my maximum solar output.

>テスラのウォール充電器を設置するに特にメリット

モバイルコネクターでも充電できますが、ケーブルが地面に接触しますので、綺麗な洋服を着ていらっしゃると汚れるとかが気になると思います。もちろん手も汚れますので、日本人の方ですと嫌な方は多いと思います。モバイルコネクターも壁掛けにすることはできると思います。
またウォールコネクターの場合、最大48A=9.6kWまでいけますので、モバイルコネクター16A=3.2kWより高速に充電できます。もちろんこれには屋内配線が対応していないといけません。
最近?発売されたモバイルコネクターの壁固定部品を買って、固定した状態にしようと考えています。ハウスメーカに聞いてみたところ、野外コンセントの太さは30Aまで安全に出せそうですが、200V20(16)Aだけでも設置されているソーラーの出力(最大1.8kWh)よりでかいので、やっぱウォールコネクターはいいやって感じですね。
>昔はチャデモにトラブルがあったようでしたが、2021年の日本でチャデモはどうでしょう?

今でも互換性の問題はあります。
もうテスラの公式ページがアクセスできなくなってWayback Machineでしか見れませんが、ハセテック製の充電器は互換性が低く、あとJFEもかなりヤバいです。分からないことがあればこちらで充電器の写真と共に質問いただければ、使えそうかどうか回答します。チャデモに関しては、これらのメーカーは、少なくとも実車テストは全く行っていないと思います。
妻の実家の近くに、三菱と日産の特約店があってチャデモ充電器があるようですが、車の特約店だと流石に大丈夫かな。。。写真で確認してくれるのはとても心強いです、ありがとうございます。優しいですね。
>スマホアプリから充電を操作することはできるでしょうか?

ON/OFFは可能です。

>充電スケジュールの編集も可能ですかね?

できないです。スケジュールで制御する場合、他社製ソーラー・蓄電池の場合には、TeslaFiなどの外部サービスをお勧めします。TeslaFiは月5ドルです。使い方についても質問いただければ回答しますし、TeslaFiのスレッドもたくさんあります。
TeslaFiについて調べさせていただきます、ありがとうございます!!
>旅行先、外出先等で普通の100Vコンセント(アースのないやつ)で充電している、してみた方はいますか?

現状、購入できるGen 2のモバイルコネクターは、アースなしでの充電はサポートしておらず、今のところ成功した人も聞いたことがありません。たまたま友人でアースキャンセラーを作ってくれる、という方がいらっしゃるので、私もこれからGen 2をその方にお送りして、アダプターを作ってもらおうと考えています。Gen 1用のアースキャンセラーはすでに存在していて、私もあちこちで使用しています。
危険性があることは十分承知いただく必要があると思います。アースがないということは、万が一ですがテスラが故障し、万が一漏電した場合、100Vなら100Vがボディ等にかかる可能性があり、手で触れると(アースがなく、電気が通るところが人しかないため)確実に感電します。
やっぱり、確実に誰も触れないようにできない限り、アースなしで充電するのを辞めとこうヒロシさんの返事を読んで思いました。じゃないと、充電してる間に全く落ち着かないと思います。。

とても丁寧に回答していただき感謝します!日本の事情であまり情報を見つからなったため、非常に助かりました。これからこちらのBBSを定期的に見たり、投稿したりしようと思いますのでよろしくお願いします!

Thanks everybody for your comments, really appreciate your input.

Reactions: hiroshiy
Upvote 0