Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging at home issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I'm a few weeks away (hopefully) from my first Tesla (model S LR) and about to have the Tesla wall charger installed in my garage. Has anyone experienced issues as a result of charging at home? We have 200 amp service with the major electrical draws being central air and a double electric oven, everything else runs on natural gas. The wife is concerned about the impact charging could have. Our local utility provides a pretty good incentive for off-peak charging so most if not all will be done overnight. Thanks

You will have zero concerns, and especially if you are charging overnight, unless of course that is when you are using both ovens, drying a load of clothes and cranking the AC down to 60 degrees, and running the mother of all Christmas light shows. Even then I doubt you'd have much of an issue with 200A service!

You will have zero concerns, and especially if you are charging overnight, unless of course that is when you are using both ovens, drying a load of clothes and cranking the AC down to 60 degrees, and running the mother of all Christmas light shows. Even then I doubt you'd have much of an issue with 200A service!
I forgot... the mother of all Christmas light shows, but that ends at 10. ;-)