Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging at home

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you can, get the electrician to flip that outlet over. Tesla asks that the ground pin be at the top so that the cable will hang nicely. The way yours is installed, the cable will try to hang upwards, and may tend to pull the plug out.

There are a bunch of good suggestions around the forum on hooks and cable organizers. You'll want something to keep the cable off the floor and make it easy to reach. However, I suggest that you don't actually install that until you have the car and see exactly how much space you have and where the charge port ends up when parked.

Congrats!
Yep. It's upside down.

Guys, some great knowledge on this thread, need your input! I am getting info on adding a Tesla Wall Charger which I've already bought for my incoming Model X 100D.

Here is my panel, and main circuit. I would love your input. Some notes:

- The sub-panel shows Jacuzzi, but we removed it, there is no Jacuzzi.
- Also shows 'Heat (H)' where there was Radiant Heating, we now have central Gas.
- We do have AC but never use it.
- Our dryer is electric, regular 110V.

Based on the photos here, how many Amps can I reach for my Wall Charger?

View media item 118431View media item 118429View media item 118430View media item 118428

If nothing else, you should be able to use the sum of the unused 240v circuits, assuming you actually remove them. Unfortunately, I can't make out the numbers on breakers. I'd get an electrician to do an actual load calculation, however. It's not a trivial exercise, and your capacity might be much more or possibly even less than that, if someone goofed. Also, removing the dryer circuit may not be allowed under code.