Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging at home

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Collecting my new P90D on Thursday next week (excited!) and am starting to think about charging at home. Excuse the newbie question, but what charger and supply do I need to have installed to get a decent charge rate at home? At the moment, my only option is a standard 13amp plug socket, and that won't work for me I suspect!

Thanks in advance.

This thread may help:

Home charging options

Do Tesla still do a voucher for discount on a home install? If not maybe OLEV still have government subsidy for their installations. Depends a bit whether you want a tethered connection, or whether you are happy to use the cable that comes with the car to plug-in. I took the view that I wanted a 2-second-solution, when i get home, and I didn't want to have to coil up a wet cable and put it int he car on days when it was raining.

The Tesla wall-connector wasn't available in the UK when I did my install - maybe it is now? I think that is the smartest looking solution.

I put a standard Type-2 connector on the wall at the same time, given that the Sparky was fiddling-about anyway, so that any visiting EVs could plug in. So far there haven't been any ...

Thanks for the link WannabeOwner.

Has anyone installed an EVolt with dynamic load response? It seems expensive, but I quite like the idea of a charger that has a built in safety feature like that.