Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging at hotels along I-12 in Louisiana

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TexasEV

Jun 5, 2013
Austin, TX
Driving from Texas to Florida this spring I'd rather take I-12 in Louisiana than go through New Orleans on I-10. Has anyone tried calling the hotels in Covington or Slidell to see if any have outdoor outlets that could be used for charging overnight? Nothing shows on Plugshare. I know about the Best Western in La Place with a HPWC but would rather avoid detouring through New Orleans.

Help charging along I 12

Driving from Texas to Florida this spring I'd rather take I-12 in Louisiana than go through New Orleans on I-10. Has anyone tried calling the hotels in Covington or Slidell to see if any have outdoor outlets that could be used for charging overnight? Nothing shows on Plugshare. I know about the Best Western in La Place with a HPWC but would rather avoid detouring through New Orleans.

Three solutions. #1. Stop at the supercharger in BRLA and have some oysters and a "drink" at ACME.
#2. All those RV sites up and down I-12 have 50 amp outlets which you can use to help you make it to Mobile's supercharger.
#3. Give me a call and I'll let you use my HPWC but you have to bring some Bourbon.

I'm not concerned about making it from Baton Rouge to Mobile once the Slidell supercharger opens (which should be long before our trip this spring). We have to stop overnight somewhere in that area for our two-day drive, so I was hoping to take advantage of plugging in overnight and would choose the hotel on that basis. I know it's not necessary, but it will shorten the next supercharger stop.