TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Charging at Nissan dealers

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by ggbjr, Oct 6, 2013.

1. ggbjr

ggbjr Member

With the upcoming availability of the CHAdeMO adapter, I'm wondering about people's experiences charging at Nissan dealers. It seems that these are most available ( on the East Coast) at dealerships. I've seen advice about calling ahead, but any other thoughts or experiences?

2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Threads with discussion on this here and here.

3. ggbjr

ggbjr Member

Obviously my searching skills need work. Thanks.

4. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

I think it's more that the searching function isn't all that great. Also knowing that there is something there helps.

5. cwerdna

cwerdna Active Member

My Nissan Leaf Forum View topic - Nissan To Install 500 More Quick Charge Stations was one of my semi-recent experiences w/my Leaf along w/a that of someone else.

On Saturday, I was at the same dealer to have them apply TSB NTB13-069 (My Nissan Leaf Forum View topic - EV System Warning Light) as I hit this problem on Friday. I didn't need juice but apparently, another person who wanted to use the the CHAdeMO DC FC said it was showing a temperature error. Oh well. Their L2s in one spot were all in use. I didn't check the other.

6. Steve Watkins

Steve Watkins Member

I have found Nissan dealerships very welcoming and Pearson in Ocala let me charge in their huge garage area.

7. cwerdna

cwerdna Active Member

^^^
    Given my experiences w/my Leaf and similar mixed and not-good experiences from others w/Leafs, I wouldn't expect Nissan dealers w/busy DC FCs to be that welcoming of non-Leafs charging for free due to the charge time, battery capacity (== more $ out of their pocket) and other Leafs possibly waiting.

I think they should look into per kwh billing for the DC FCs, at least for non-Nissans, if not all users.

8. stopcrazypp

stopcrazypp Well-Known Member

It also depends where the charger is put. If it's like most dealers, it's probably going to be at a place where they have to move other cars to get to (because of wiring considerations).

9. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

My local Chevy dealer doesn't have a problem with me using their 30A J1772 Volt charger. In fact, they welcome it because it gets no use from the 2 or so Volts they've sold in 4 years. :)

10. PokerBroker

PokerBroker Member

I charge at Nissan dealerships in Ohio with my Roadster and always have a big group of interested car salesman and service techs gathered around me in no time ;)