Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging at Nissan dealers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ggbjr

Aug 26, 2013
NC
With the upcoming availability of the CHAdeMO adapter, I'm wondering about people's experiences charging at Nissan dealers. It seems that these are most available ( on the East Coast) at dealerships. I've seen advice about calling ahead, but any other thoughts or experiences?

My Nissan Leaf Forum View topic - Nissan To Install 500 More Quick Charge Stations was one of my semi-recent experiences w/my Leaf along w/a that of someone else.

On Saturday, I was at the same dealer to have them apply TSB NTB13-069 (My Nissan Leaf Forum View topic - EV System Warning Light) as I hit this problem on Friday. I didn't need juice but apparently, another person who wanted to use the the CHAdeMO DC FC said it was showing a temperature error. Oh well. Their L2s in one spot were all in use. I didn't check the other.

^^^
Given my experiences w/my Leaf and similar mixed and not-good experiences from others w/Leafs, I wouldn't expect Nissan dealers w/busy DC FCs to be that welcoming of non-Leafs charging for free due to the charge time, battery capacity (== more $ out of their pocket) and other Leafs possibly waiting.

I think they should look into per kwh billing for the DC FCs, at least for non-Nissans, if not all users.

My local Chevy dealer doesn't have a problem with me using their 30A J1772 Volt charger. In fact, they welcome it because it gets no use from the 2 or so Volts they've sold in 4 years. :)